Liverpool have matched Manchester United's record points total

Aye but look at how shite the bottom of the division is, must be the biggest gap ever.
This. Was talking about Arsenal the other day and one of the lads mentioned Emery has more points this season than Wenger got last season. League still looks the same, just everybody's beaten Huddersfield, Fulham and Cardiff.

People are always saying things are getting worse.
Title race is exciting imo
As is Europe
Was man Utd and arsenal for a long time now it isn't

Plus if Raga gets his budget he reckons he can start challenging for trophies again :lol:

People are always saying things are getting worse.
Title race is exciting imo
As is Europe
Was man Utd and arsenal for a long time now it isn't

Plus if Raga gets his budget he reckons he can start challenging for trophies again :lol:

I find the whole modern football thing it being set up for the rich teams f***ing awful and very annoying

But you have no choice but to accept it, this has been the best quality title race in the premier league easy

Man Utd v Arsenal might have been better crack and just a better race, but this is the best quality one

Arsenal and Chelsea doing well in a 2nd rate competition amongst mostly poor sides doesn’t really change anything. Only Spurs have actually reached a level you wouldn’t expect.

Doing well in a completely different tournament doesn’t really change the fact their sides overall are poor. Chelsea have underperformed. Arsenal and Man Utd have a handful of players between them that would make the City/Liverpool sides.
It May be a second rate competition compared to the champions league however it still has teams from Spain and Germany entered into it. English teams look the strongest.
Don't really get your logic - English teams doing well in what is considered the highest standard competition in the world doesn't change the fact their poor sides??
Surely it's the opposite and proves that they're good sides?

I suspect Liverpool would find it tougher to get over the disappointment than city, having waited so long and achieving as many points. Huge task for Klop to pick them up. I still hope (and believe) he won’t have to though!

Other the Man City and Liverpool there isn't a team in the league you would fear. I'm surprised there aren't more teams fighting for the top 4 positions.

What you mean, we got relegated on 15 and 19 points?

Its big but these are too exceptional teams who would be just as good in any other year, don't think should try and take credit away from them

Some tough teams like, teams are spending fortunes on players throughout the leageu
Money doesnt manufacture players. The pool of players available remains the same no matter how much you give the greedy bastards.

It May be a second rate competition compared to the champions league however it still has teams from Spain and Germany entered into it. English teams look the strongest.
Don't really get your logic - English teams doing well in what is considered the highest standard competition in the world doesn't change the fact their poor sides??
Surely it's the opposite and proves that they're good sides?
The only 2 English sides that have done well in the highest standard competition are Spurs and Liverpool. I didn’t say they were poor sides. Arsenal and Man Utd, in relative terms are.

Arsenal and Chelsea doing well in a 2nd rate competition amongst mostly poor sides doesn’t really change anything. Only Spurs have actually reached a level you wouldn’t expect.

Doing well in a completely different tournament doesn’t really change the fact their sides overall are poor. Chelsea have underperformed. Arsenal and Man Utd have a handful of players between them that would make the City/Liverpool sides.
What a pile of crap

Reason why Spain is miles ahead in coeefiecent is because they value the competition and have dominated it.

The attitude shown by English clubs e.g spurs west ham Everton in a major competition is laughable.

You play football to win things. Spurs and Liverpool could both end the season with nothing to show for it. While arsenal or Chelsea could have a trophy.

Or nobody could and Spain wins both again. Most likely outcome imo

The only 2 English sides that have done well in the highest standard competition are Spurs and Liverpool. I didn’t say they were poor sides. Arsenal and Man Utd, in relative terms are.
You said overall this is the weakest PL in a long time. It clearly isn't.
I'd argue Man U have done well getting the QF of the champions league (currently 6th in PL) also Man City were knocked out by another English team. English teams make up 50% of the European Semi Finalists.

What a pile of crap

Reason why Spain is miles ahead in coeefiecent is because they value the competition and have dominated it.

The attitude shown by English clubs e.g spurs west ham Everton in a major competition is laughable.

You play football to win things. Spurs and Liverpool could both end the season with nothing to show for it. While arsenal or Chelsea could have a trophy.

Or nobody could and Spain wins both again. Most likely outcome imo
Look at the teams Chelsea have played in the Europa league. PAOK, BATE, Vidi, Malmo, Dynamo Kyiv and Slavia Prague. Not a single decent side amongst that lot. How does beating that lot prove Chelsea haven’t been poor domestically this season? :lol:

You said overall this is the weakest PL in a long time. It clearly isn't.
I'd argue Man U have done well getting the QF of the champions league (currently 6th in PL) also Man City were knocked out by another English team. English teams make up 50% of the European Semi Finalists.
You can argue all day about what they’ve done in a different tournament, it doesn’t change the fact they’ve been poor by their standards in the premier league.

Last edited:
Look at the teams Chelsea have played in the Europa league. PAOK, BATE, Vidi, Malmo, Dynamo Kyiv and Slavia Prague. Not a single decent side amongst that lot. How does beating that lot prove Chelsea haven’t been poor domestically this season? :lol:

You can argue all day about what they’ve done in a different tournament, it doesn’t change the fact they’ve been poor by their standards in the premier league.
Times change, different teams are stronger at different times. It's poor by Man U standards as Man City Liverpool and Spurs are better teams. However the fact that Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea are not challenging for the league doesn't mean it's a weak league. It just means the league now has different teams at the top.

Times change, different teams are stronger at different times. It's poor by Man U standards as Man City Liverpool and Spurs are better teams. However the fact that Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea are not challenging for the league doesn't mean it's a weak league. It just means the league now has different teams at the top.
It’s not just that those are weak though is it and it’s not different teams at the top, it’s the same 6 it nearly always is in a different order. Huddersfield and Fulham will struggle to manage 40 points between them.

I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing, the league has mostly been entertaining this season, overall the quality has dropped though outside the top 2 for me.

Man city lost the game on away goals in the quarter final.

How did they not do well, while spurs

The premier League is quite cyclical amongst the top teams.

Nowt to see here. Chelsea will come again

Dynamo Kiev are 23rd in the coefficient so how else does one define decent.

If your definition of decent stretches to the top 6 in England. Madrid x2 Barca Bayern psg juventus. Then your a berk

Last edited:
It’s not just that those are weak though is it and it’s not different teams at the top, it’s the same 6 it nearly always is in a different order. Huddersfield and Fulham will struggle to manage 40 points between them.

I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing, the league has mostly been entertaining this season, overall the quality has dropped though outside the top 2 for me.
It's not weak though it's a strong league as being proved in European Comps. Man U are 6th, the team who are 6th in Germany got knocked out at the round of 32 Europa league. Team who are 6th got knocked out the champions league from Man U group.
The premier league always has whipping boys at the bottom, normally around 34 points keeps teams up.

It's not weak though it's a strong league as being proved in European Comps. Man U are 6th, the team who are 6th in Germany got knocked out at the round of 32 Europa league. Team who are 6th got knocked out the champions league from Man U group.
The premier league always has whipping boys at the bottom, normally around 34 points keeps teams up.
You keep going back to a different tournament but it’s completely irrelevant. Teams have performed poorly in the premier league this season. Man Utd won 4 of their 10 games in the champions league. 2 of them were against Young Boys.

You keep going back to a different tournament but it’s completely irrelevant. Teams have performed poorly in the premier league this season. Man Utd won 4 of their 10 games in the champions league. 2 of them were against Young Boys.
They have performed poorly by their standards as the standard of the teams about them has been so high. However this does not mean the league is weak. You said the league is the weakest in years and are basing this on man u by their standards being poor. Course it's not irrelevant on regards to the strength of the PL, it's the only thing you can measure the strenght of leagues against.

I remember in 2016 when Leicester won it, many on here were really passed off because one of the usual suspects didn't win. Hope they're happy now.

Back