Live from windy Heathrow

Big Jet TV featured on a recent episode of “Heathrow: Britain’s Biggest Airport” fly-on-the-wall documentary series. It covered the takeoff of the last Boeing 747.

Really knows his stuff the presenter guy. Really passionate about planes.

Canny fire on the other side.
Boathouse fire by all accounts.
How on earth did you know that? I saw huge palls of smoke but the police had sealed off the roads when I was walking along towards it.
Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Big Jet TV featured on a recent episode of “Heathrow: Britain’s Biggest Airport” fly-on-the-wall documentary series. It covered the takeoff of the last Boeing 747.
I was at Heathrow watching that last year, damp squib, it was late and low cloud meant the plane was visible for only a few seconds after takeoff.

Last edited:
Birmingham is the best as the runways are 15 and 33 which causes some belting crosswinds

Nowt bettet than a go around if you're a nervous flyer 😬

There were a few yesterday, including an Emirates A380.

I've had plenty as a passenger. The best/worst was a Tarom Tupolev at Bucharest. We'd just touched down when another plane strayed onto the runway and we jetted back up again almost vertically. I had the prog rock group Asia sitting behind me. Given the track record of rock groups and aeroplanes, I thought my time had come.
Big Jet TV is the avgeek version of here. He does live chat when streaming and one of the viewers lived near it.

He is an annoying bugger, but you can't help but get infected by his enthusiasm. And the chat is a rare example on YouTube of actually being useful. When there's an emergency landing, you often get pilots on there explaining what's gannin on.

Last edited:

I've had plenty as a passenger. The best/worst was a Tarom Tupolev at Bucharest. We'd just touched down when another plane strayed onto the runway and we jetted back up again almost vertically. I had the prog rock group Asia sitting behind me. Given the track record of rock groups and aeroplanes, I thought my time had come.

He is an annoying bugger, but you can't help but get infected by his enthusiasm. And the chat is a rare example on YouTube of actually being useful. When there's an emergency landing, you often get pilots on there explaining what's gannin on.

We had one coming into Manchester after holding for what seemed like forever. The worst thing was when we eventually landed it felt like we'd landed on a lake - one of the few UK flights I've been on where the passengers applauded

I find the feeling of having absolutely no control over the situation quite relaxing but my gf was utterly terrified

Done any more on MSFS 2020 yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first started watching it he was banging on about his van getting serviced but the garage didn't give it a valet. The automatic subtitles can be canny too. I think one yesterday was 'banging in Bangkok!'

Near the end one of the pilots from one of the BA 777's that did a go around drove past, stopped and asked him if he'd caught it. He had so the pilot said he was going home to watch it.

Big Jet TV is the avgeek version of here. He does live chat when streaming and one of the viewers lived near it.
Ah, I thought you were local 👍
One of the Dunkirk flotilla of rescue boats the lady gay was destroyed in the fire, saw it a few times when the regatta has been on, history lost.

Done any more on MSFS 2020 yet?

Only the occasional flight lately. I've got quite a lot of work to be getting on with, and my wife has discovered a discrete line of sight that enables her to see what I've got on my screen reflected in the glass of a picture on my wall. Best not to get caught playing on a simulator when I should be working.

Only the occasional flight lately. I've got quite a lot of work to be getting on with, and my wife has discovered a discrete line of sight that enables her to see what I've got on my screen reflected in the glass of a picture on my wall. Best not to get caught playing on a simulator when I should be working.

Me too - too busy with work

Although I've got some real life flying lessons in the summer in a Cessna 150 which is the closest I can get to what's on the simulator - could have went with the Flight Design they use at Shotton airfield but I wanted something with the 6 pack and not a Garmin

I have a feeling this may be about to get very expensive

Back