Live Football on TV 12/11/19

Worked out well for us mate. Me legs are sore mind. We put some miles on the clock over the weekend :lol:
We had a cycling tour, there was only us and the local guide, must have seen every Church in the town.

Apparently it's one of the most polluted places in Poland because it's in a dip and the pollution from the mines etc doesn't clear, you'd never guess cos it's clear and crisp (well it was when we visited).

Doh....I knew it would...winds blowing your way...🌪🌪🌪🌧🌧🌧🌧☔☔☔........ @Dilligaf60 , sounds a a great trip all round, 👍👍.
It was excellent mate. I’d recommend it to anyone. It’s one of those places that people say “ if you’re going to fly somewhere why Poland and not somewhere warm?” Well, I got my eyes well and truly opened. I’ve been all over the world and I cant remember enjoying myself as much as I did in the short time I was there.

It was excellent mate. I’d recommend it to anyone. It’s one of those places that people say “ if you’re going to fly somewhere why Poland and not somewhere warm?” Well, I got my eyes well and truly opened. I’ve been all over the world and I cant remember enjoying myself as much as I did in the short time I was there.
When we went the heel of my shoe fell off in Newcastle airport.

Got to hotel, Googled Krakow cobblers, there was one just round the corner, shoe sorted for about £3.

We had a cycling tour, there was only us and the local guide, must have seen every Church in the town.

Apparently it's one of the most polluted places in Poland because it's in a dip and the pollution from the mines etc doesn't clear, you'd never guess cos it's clear and crisp (well it was when we visited).
Apparently its a flood plain and that’s why it’s so wet. When we flew in it was thick fog, it’s the foggiest place in Poland because of where it lies. You’re right about the churches, they are everywhere. We drove through some really small villages yesterday and the churches were huge and very pretty.

Aft'noon Dilli, Becs and all.
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Poland.
I have Polish neighbours, and many more Poles, live in the streets, around the neighbourhood.
They're so friendly, hardworking, generous, and thoroughly decent people, and are popular within the community.
I've not been to Poland, but hope to visit there some day.

Any chance of a steam for our match tonight?
I have Polish neighbours, and many more Poles, live in the streets, around the neighbourhood.
They're so friendly, hardworking, generous, and thoroughly decent people, and are popular within the community.
I would vouch that Poland is an awesome place to visit, we've been there around 7 or 8 times. My wife had dental implants done there at around 25% of the cost here and shes really pleased with the results....

I would vouch that Poland is an awesome place to visit, we've been there around 7 or 8 times. My wife had dental implants done there at around 25% of the cost here and shes really pleased with the results....
I'd like to visit Warsaw, and maybe Gdansk.
I have family in Hungary, and speak the lingo, and have been there many times, and love the history, culture and the food, which is similar to traditional Polish food and drink.
The Czechs, Poles, and Hungarians, aren't big on salads, instead they like hearty stews, and filling food, and lots of dumplings, taties, meat and fish.
For some daft nostalgic reason, I'd like to eat, at a traditional, Polish, milk bar, where the portions are plentiful and filling.
I'm a culture vulture and enjoy seeing old buildings and places of history.

Afternoon HC. You are absolutely right mate. I was incredibly impressed by the Polish people, they are exactly as you say. And also very honest. My phone came out of my pocket as we were being dropped off in the square on Sunday afternoon. Mrs D rang my phone and within 5 mins she got a call back. 20 mins later I had my phone back. Amazing, and I doubt very much it would have happened had it been in London.
if you get the chance you should go. It isn’t expensive and you won’t regret it.

Afternoon HC. You are absolutely right mate. I was incredibly impressed by the Polish people, they are exactly as you say. And also very honest. My phone came out of my pocket as we were being dropped off in the square on Sunday afternoon. Mrs D rang my phone and within 5 mins she got a call back. 20 mins later I had my phone back. Amazing, and I doubt very much it would have happened had it been in London.
if you get the chance you should go. It isn’t expensive and you won’t regret it.
I speak as I find, and I know you do too.
My neighbours have knocked on my door, to give me Polish meals, they've cooked, and given me bottles of Polish grog, and they've invited me to their house, to watch Poland, playing an international match, on the telly.
Lovely people, who've made a real effort, to be part of the community.

I speak as I find, and I know you do too.
My neighbours have knocked on my door, to give me Polish meals, they've cooked, and given me bottles of Polish grog, and they've invited me to their house, to watch Poland, playing an international match, on the telly.
Lovely people, who've made a real effort, to be part of the community.
Brilliant mate, but from what I’ve seen and knowing the Polish lads I’ve got on the rig I can’t say I’m surprised. These are the sort of people we should welcome into our country. Ordinary people that are willing to get their heads down and their arses up in order to make a life for themselves.

I left my phone in a taxi in Szczecin, I had it delivered back to our apartment within the hour. The next person who used the cab found the phone; he called my wife and he brought it to us. As you said, this wouldn't happen anywhere in the uk, it would have been gone....

I left my phone in a taxi in Szczecin, I had it delivered back to our apartment within the hour. The next person who used the cab found the phone; he called my wife and he brought it to us. As you said, this wouldn't happen anywhere in the uk, it would have been gone....
They are good people mate. They still care. We in our country can learn something from them.

Afternoon marra. Never been to Poland either but have enjoyed reading @Dilligaf60's stories and a couple of other people have said I would like it.

Back