Little things that make your day

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have very low expectations from life so I'm usually thrilled if no one smelly sits next to me on the way to work (3 words - Newcastle/West Road).

However, just had an email to say I've only won the prize draw for the Tyneside Cinema coffee rooms' survey! 2 free tickets and £30 of food. I've just got to decide who to take with me now.

It's totally changed my mood from half an hour ago now. Maybe I'll see an attractive male on the bus home? :lol::lol:

Nicola sturgeon speeches, she's inspirational

I have very low expectations from life so I'm usually thrilled if no one smelly sits next to me on the way to work (3 words - Newcastle/West Road).

However, just had an email to say I've only won the prize draw for the Tyneside Cinema coffee rooms' survey! 2 free tickets and £30 of food. I've just got to decide who to take with me now.

It's totally changed my mood from half an hour ago now. Maybe I'll see an attractive male on the bus home? :lol::lol:

Don't announce that on here. One of them will make sure they're on it.
At the back.
Tugging away.

Don't announce that on here. One of them will make sure they're on it.
At the back.
Tugging away.
Trust me - no one gets on the 39 in Newcastle unless they absolutely have to. And it's always packed so they'd have a large and very diverse audience. :lol:

High Rise which could be a possibility. A Quiet Passion about Emily Dickinson, another possible. I don't fancy Beauty or the Beast - or Kristen Stewart in Personal Shopper either. The Salesman looks interesting too. Also Paul Verhoeven's Elle.
Not sure what I made of that. Probably interesting rather than entertaining was the best way of describing it. Not read the book but the film felt like it was based on a JG Ballard novel if that makes sense.
Congratulations on your win anyway. Can you not go twice on your own and have fifteen quids worth of bait each time?;)

do you not have anyone below you to complete this chore?

nope.. no reports... I'm just a worker pleb in this environment... its where I like to be.. cant be arsed with sticking my head above the parapet any more.

counting the last 5 or 6 years down until knocking most of it on the head...

Not sure what I made of that. Probably interesting rather than entertaining was the best way of describing it. Not read the book but the film felt like it was based on a JG Ballard novel if that makes sense.
Congratulations on your win anyway. Can you not go twice on your own and have fifteen quids worth of bait each time?;)
I must admit Cillian Murphy was the draw for that! I like your reasoning re going twice on my own, and the selfish side of me likes that...a lot!

You'd be wasting your time as he's not in it.;)
Did you mean Tom Hiddleston? Or Free Fire, the Ben Wheatley film that he is in?
Yeah I mean Free Fire...I was obviously paying too much attention to the picture and not the words! Is it any good? I might be leaning towards Emily Dickinson - I mean in a poetic sense and not by the fact she's played by Cynthia Nixon the gay one from Sex and the City!

who said anything about your ex... just pull some random on tinder.. I'm certain he will let you fondle
I would be demanding equal fondling! :D

Last edited:
I'm a right bastard, if I need to take the train or a bus for any reason I love it when it's about to leave, someone git sprints along desperate to get on and it leaves without them. Now, I've been on the other end of that and just missed a train or bus and had an hour or whatever to wait for the next one, it's f***ing rubbish and no way should seeing someone else in that position give me any pleasure. But it does. I can't help it.

Yeah I mean Free Fire...I was obviously paying too much attention to the picture and not the words! Is it any good? I might be leaning towards Emily Dickinson - I mean in a poetic sense and not by the fact she's played by Cynthia Nixon the gay one from Sex and the City!
I've not seen it yet but it has good reviews. Ben Wheatley can be hit and miss, I loved Sightseers but not so keen on his other stuff.

I would be demanding equal fondling! :D

wear a skirt... and a loose fitting top... makes it easier...

High Rise which could be a possibility. A Quiet Passion about Emily Dickinson, another possible. I don't fancy Beauty or the Beast - or Kristen Stewart in Personal Shopper either. The Salesman looks interesting too. Also Paul Verhoeven's Elle.
too much choice! should be fun all the same...

I'm a right bastard, if I need to take the train or a bus for any reason I love it when it's about to leave, someone git sprints along desperate to get on and it leaves without them. Now, I've been on the other end of that and just missed a train or bus and had an hour or whatever to wait for the next one, it's f***ing rubbish and no way should seeing someone else in that position give me any pleasure. But it does. I can't help it.

It happened to me a few times. It's worse when the train is still at the station with the doors closed and you're pushing the button for them to open but they don't and it sets off.

If that happened I could never make eye contact with any of the folk staring at me out of the train windows. Gutted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back