Little Girl Kidnapped In Felling - False alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

383 children a day are reported missing according to missing persons charities - it’s not viable to have each one covered in the news within a couple of hours is it really ?

This one at the time was a child being bundled into a van..if that was confirmed by witnesses and the Police then it's worth a mention.

I'm not point scoring, trying to educate. Share official police appeals and not others. This is potentially important.

People can claim their child is missing when in reality they are in care for their own safety and at risk if someone tells the biological parent where they are.

People can claim their wife is missing and needs mental health assessment. In reality the female might be fleeing domestic violence, FGM, forced marriage etc.

Let the police decide what needs the public assistance with sharing.

Well said. This is what I was getting at earlier.
Its worrying the amount of people that cant understand this and just seem to accept whatever they see or hear.

This one at the time was a child being bundled into a van..if that was confirmed by witnesses and the Police then it's worth a mention.

We’ll have to agree to disagree , the police stated repeatedly there was no missing child reported so it didn’t seem to be real from the start

But it wasnt, there was no child, no van and no bundling!

But it wasnt confirmed.
The police put loads of resources at this based on a Facebook post that went viral. A part of that resource just their keep the public calm. Had the person rang police, reported it and allowed the police to investigate in their own way there wouldnt have been a need for that type of response.
A waste of resources potentially unable to respond to other potential crimes last night.

Even if the story is correct about her child witnessing it her response to it was wrong. She also later posted "I'm absolutely devastated as they nearly took my little girl" - no they didn't as it didn't happen.

Kids go missing all the time. If they put every kid going missing on the news there'd be nothing else on.

Like I said, hysterical overreacti
We’ll have to agree to disagree , the police stated repeatedly there was no missing child reported so it didn’t seem to be real from the start

I agree with what you're saying..what i'm saying is a bit hypothetical..if that incident HAD been confirmed as a child being bundled into a van and witnesses and the Police had confirmed it then give it as much coverage as possible..but it hadn't..so it wasn't.

But it wasnt confirmed.
The police put loads of resources at this based on a Facebook post that went viral. A part of that resource just their keep the public calm. Had the person rang police, reported it and allowed the police to investigate in their own way there wouldnt have been a need for that type of response.
A waste of resources potentially unable to respond to other potential crimes last night.

Even if the story is correct about her child witnessing it her response to it was wrong. She also later posted "I'm absolutely devastated as they nearly took my little girl" - no they didn't as it didn't happen.

Another one..read my earlier post..IF it had been confirmed.

Last edited:
The very fact it was all over Facebook before anything from NP at all did raise a few suspicions.
The missus shared it all owa on FB like the nutjob that she is, but I just reminded her of the Chelsey Wright fiasco - that was made up shite anarl, albeit with a wholly different agenda.

Kids go missing all the time. If they put every kid going missing on the news there'd be nothing else on.

Like I said, hysterical overreaction

kids in local authority care get reported missing if they don’t return home at a certain time ,
That takes up loads of police time ,

They’re not missing , just doing what they want cos they can ,

Yes most are vulnerable in some way but the care homes can’t even lock the doors on a night so the kids just up and fk off

Reports of incidents like this have happened before,the difference is now with social media it's escalated into a frenzy based on misinformatiom and the actions of the "like and share" lot.

The police deal with incidents like this all the time and investigate and close with no major issue. But as it's "all over facebook" some people wrongly assume what they are reading is accurate.

The "story" snowballs,I wonder how much this story cost us the taxpayer?

There is no such thing as free speech in the UK

Glad the whole thing was a hoax / misunderstanding (maybe) and hope no one that needed the emergency services lastnight was impacted by the incident

Yep, I should have perhaps said the last remaining crumbs of free speech that we have.

kids in local authority care get reported missing if they don’t return home at a certain time ,
That takes up loads of police time ,

They’re not missing , just doing what they want cos they can ,

Yes most are vulnerable in some way but the care homes can’t even lock the doors on a night so the kids just up and fk off
That is missing though. Kids at home do the same.

That is missing though. Kids at home do the same.

I used to work north side of Sunderland ,
At one time there was 4 local care homes , every night there was kids reported missing from each one ,

As a tax payer do you think that’s a good use of police resources?

the whole team from south wick station busy every night chasing kids who just don’t go home when they’re supposed to ( yes some would be more vulnerable, and if circumstances raised concern then fair enough)

but serious crimes had to wait for polis travelling from Washington and houghton because southwick were busy with missing kids ,

Every night on nightshift this mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back