Little Girl Kidnapped In Felling - False alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

I saw the original post on Facebook as it was shared to a Group where I am an admin.

The person who posted it said her children had seen the incident and that the police were at the scene.

It was someone else who later said the car was their neighbour's, so not the OP's neighbour.

The North East Missing Persons Group shared the info. from her page.

I saw the original post on Facebook as it was shared to a Group where I am an admin.

The person who posted it said her children had seen the incident and that the police were at the scene.

It was someone else who later said the car was their neighbour's, so not the OP's neighbour.

The North East Missing Persons Group shared the info. from her page.
@look out piano there you go look. Wrong information again.

I shared the north east missing persons post, rightly or wrongly. I'm just glad that a child hasn't been abducted thankfully (and at least I'm not trying to point score because folks were concerned enough to share / try to belittle those who did etc).
I'm not trying to point score either. I asked where you got your fact about the car reg from and you said Nookie Bear. It's since been suggested that it isn't fact.

I'm not trying to point score either. I asked where you got your fact about the car reg from and you said Nookie Bear. It's since been suggested that it isn't fact.
She posted that on this thread and that was the first I'd heard about it, stop being a dick man.

Ok well fingers crossed the police read this thread then and once they establish the neighbour (via the car reg), they might be a bit closer to finding the woman who started it.

Her name is very much out there along with screenshots of her original post which was then deleted. As you say the police I’m sure will be speaking to her - she’s wasted a lot of resources

I shared the north east missing persons post, rightly or wrongly. I'm just glad that a child hasn't been abducted thankfully (and at least I'm not trying to point score because folks were concerned enough to share / try to belittle those who did etc).
I'm not point scoring, trying to educate. Share official police appeals and not others. This is potentially important.

People can claim their child is missing when in reality they are in care for their own safety and at risk if someone tells the biological parent where they are.

People can claim their wife is missing and needs mental health assessment. In reality the female might be fleeing domestic violence, FGM, forced marriage etc.

Let the police decide what needs the public assistance with sharing.

I'm not point scoring, trying to educate. Share official police appeals and not others. This is potentially important.

People can claim their child is missing when in reality they are in care for their own safety and at risk if someone tells the biological parent where they are.

People can claim their wife is missing and needs mental health assessment. In reality the female might be fleeing domestic violence, FGM, forced marriage etc.

Let the police decide what needs the public assistance with sharing.

There's no fun in that though.

If you read my post I said IF it had been confirmed..surely you must agree that a missing child is worthy of a mention on the news??
Kids go missing all the time. If they put every kid going missing on the news there'd be nothing else on.

Like I said, hysterical overreaction

I shared 1 post, I didn't comment on anyone else's posts (and quite a few folks had shared from different sources / pages). "Lynch mobs" wasn't the first thing that sprung into mind when I saw the initial post, my thoughts were "shit, there might be a kid abducted" which is every parents worst nightmare.

it was @Nookie Bear that stated that tbf.
Can you really not see the futility of what you did? Absolutely pointless.

Everybody rushing to say how disgusted, worried or 'sick' they were feeling. It's all rubbish and designed for likes and shares, retweets, you contributed to that hysterical overreaction

Without reading the whole thread can someone sum this up, did a girl get kidnapped?
No

Did anyone ever catch the white vans full of Asians/Romanians stealing puppies?

BOGUS WARNING - ' White Van With Reg 7465 CGF Stealing Dogs' - Hoax-Slayer
Bogus Warning – White Transit Van 'RH57 WSU' Trying To Steal Dogs
Välkänd myt bakom "hundstölder"

Without reading the whole thread can someone sum this up, did a girl get kidnapped?

"Police investigating reports of a child being forced into a white van are now satisfied that an offence has not taken place.

"Officers investigating the allegation have carried out rigorous lines of enquiries and it has been established that the incident did not happen."

Superintendent Karl Wilson, who led the inquiry, thanked the public for their "support and patience".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back