Little Fish Big Bowl

When I look at some of our players I can’t but help thinking that perhaps they suffer little fish big bowl syndrome. We could simply be a club that is too big for them and the demands that come with playing for a club of our stature is simply too much to handle. What’s the answer though. Over to the board for discussion. I personally would look at the division above or higher for young hungry players wanting to prove a point. Get a few of them on loan if possible.

When I look at some of our players I can’t but help thinking that perhaps they suffer little fish big bowl syndrome. We could simply be a club that is too big for them and the demands that come with playing for a club of our stature is simply too much to handle. What’s the answer though. Over to the board for discussion. I personally would look at the division above or higher for young hungry players wanting to prove a point. Get a few of them on loan if possible.

They don't look fit, and they don't put in the effort.
Anyone earning a living from football knows that they need to work for 90 minutes against any team.
Anyone watching youth football past over 12's knows that.

And to be honest mate they play like they're unfit and can't be arsed to work in front of big crowds and small crowds.

There's no excuse in that respect for McGeady, Grant L, and Duncan W they've spent their majority of their careers at a far higher level than this. So age and fitness may be an issue for them.

On the rest of them, then bar O9, you may have a point.

I'd go straight to the reserves (or whatever they call them these days); recall all the lads on loan and give them their chance.
If they can't get into this team the state its in, then they need to seriously consider a different line of employment!
We’ll be a little fish soon anyhow.

We've certainly been stitched up like a kipper :cry:

Anyone earning a living from football knows that they need to work for 90 minutes against any team.

And to be honest mate they play like they're unfit and can't be arsed to work in front of big crowds and small crowds.
Be interesting how some of these lads would do at say a Walsall or Gillingham

There's no excuse in that respect for McGeady, Grant L, and Duncan W they've spent their majority of their careers at a far higher level than this. So age and fitness may be an issue for them.

On the rest of them, then bar O9, you may have a point.
leadbitter just looks like his legs have gone, Watmore once again coming back from injury and McGeady is probably looking at the players around him and not filling himself with any confidence.
We’ll be a little fish soon anyhow.
If so then these small fish might perform

Last edited:

You might be 100% correct, the issue though is that they're here and we can't test out that theory, we have to deal with what we have on the playing staff.
An overpaid, slow, small team of players who produce nothing up front, get overran by pace and power in midfield and bullied at the back.
And the response we get to going a goal down - no more effort and dropped heads - is reminiscent of a relegation threatened team.

The only way we're going to transcend our shortcomings until the transfer window is through effort - both on the training ground with the coaches and on the pitch - and anyone not willing to give 100% commitment to their wage payer and the fans that support them needs to look in the mirror and then either man up or leave.

i think it's attitude with most of them. ability isn't in question (Grigg, Maguire, McGeady etc..) but they look unfit, disinterested etc..

they are literally just going through the motions and this manager can't get a tune

some big issues in the dressing room like and fuck knows where we go from here

Back