little evidence 20mph speed-limit-cuts-casualties

Fair enough marra, he wasn't in a blue BMW was he? There was a manic behind the wheel of a car behind me a few weeks ago in Shotton.

I think I know what 20mph sign you saw, its one of those that you cant see unless they are lit up as they use LEDs, a bit like those electronic signs that tell you your speed.
No mate it was a civic or that size car.

My borough and every London borough around me has implemented 20mph roads on the non-TfL controlled roads and it’s a massive pain in the arse. Feels like you’re crawling along as soon as you come off the main roads.

I already live in one of the most speed bump ridden boroughs, the speed limit reduction feels like a kick in the balls.

They put a 20mph through the town next to me. It's an A road. Instead of using that, traffic is now taking a short cut and hurtling through our village. The roads are just not designed to cope with the volume of traffic, there have been increased accidents in the village and the people in the terrace on the main road have lorries rumbling past just a path width from their front windows.

It should be 20 outside schools only. The main road through birtley being 20 is stupid.
Dunno like, people were regularly hurt on that road when I was a kid.The 20 is more to do with discouraging people to use it to avoid the A1 bottleneck at the angel I reckon. Also helps with pollution.

You’ve missed a massive point , I agree about the limit outside schools , but it should only be in term time .
Isn't it usually just advisory outside schools anyway ? Most 20 zones would be self regulated by sensible people anyway, the signs are to remind the fuckwits among us.

My borough and every London borough around me has implemented 20mph roads on the non-TfL controlled roads and it’s a massive pain in the arse. Feels like you’re crawling along as soon as you come off the main roads.

I already live in one of the most speed bump ridden boroughs, the speed limit reduction feels like a kick in the balls.

It's meant to be.

This statement from Sustrans just about sums it up: News

The colour of the circle has to be red I think. Any input would be appreciated marra.
A green circle is advisary not enforceable. The 20 zones are arguably unenforceable anyway. There are no small repeater speed limit signs on the lamposts to remind you of the limit, and based on the highway code the majority of the zones would classed as 30 if you have no other instruction.

Back