Listening to radio 4..

I’d disagree.

I think it’s for people who like sport and like banal nonsense

I love sport, I can’t stand talk sport, 5 live tends to cover it

You need to pick and choose when & what to listen to. I can take about 10 mins of Jim White, unless Simon Jordan is speaking because he speaks a lot of sense actually. Same with Brazil, about 10 mins then it's over to 5 Live or 6. I can listen more to H&J sometimes even a full show, but I normally have to switch over to 6 (I hate that bloke who does the afternoon slot on 5 live - the way he talks does my head in). I do a lot of driving so it fills the time in, don't listen at all in the evening.

I think most people like to look down their noses at anyone who admits to talksport, as if it's the radio equivalent of the Sun.

You need to pick and choose when & what to listen to. I can take about 10 mins of Jim White, unless Simon Jordan is speaking because he speaks a lot of sense actually. Same with Brazil, about 10 mins then it's over to 5 Live or 6. I can listen more to H&J sometimes even a full show, but I normally have to switch over to 6 (I hate that bloke who does the afternoon slot on 5 live - the way he talks does my head in). I do a lot of driving so it fills the time in, don't listen at all in the evening.

I think most people like to look down their noses at anyone who admits to talksport, as if it's the radio equivalent of the Sun.
I just find it dreadful

it’s just my opinion

i don’t listen to a huge amount of radio to be honest. Radio 5 for football, TMS, the Today sometimes. That’s it

I worked as a rep for 25 years off and on - the radio is your best mate in a job like that - I started with Radio 1. then the original Radio 5 (Danny Baker's Morning Edition was utterly brilliant) - then Talk Radio UK followed by Talksport -whatever wasn't listenable on TRUK or TS then I would just switch over to 5Live - I probably heard most of the news events of that quarter century unfold live (if they occurred during the day) and I've heard some brilliant radio and the worst imaginable (Mike Parry usually had a hand in the worst moments)

Talksport is an acquired taste but can be brilliant at times

Had it's moments years ago but arses like Adrian Durham just put me off. I listen to radio to be entertained, not annoyed.

R4 is still canny if you avoid the comedy sit-coms. They're pretty lame...or gay, as the kids said a few years back.

Used to listen to Radio 2 mostly but Ball is dreadful so R4 is on during my commute, excellent listening. I sometimes stick R2 back on for journey home but Steve Wright has become a disaster of a programme. I leave it on in a sort of "how bad can this be" type of way. His latest "ordinary people" stuff & "serious jockin" are car crash stuff...

Used to listen to Radio 2 mostly but Ball is dreadful so R4 is on during my commute, excellent listening. I sometimes stick R2 back on for journey home but Steve Wright has become a disaster of a programme. I leave it on in a sort of "how bad can this be" type of way. His latest "ordinary people" stuff & "serious jockin" are car crash stuff...
No idea how Steve Wright is still on that slot, his show is absolutely dreadful.
Radio 4 xtra is canny, the goons, Men from the ministry etc

Back