List of SAFC managers in my lifetime

Alan Brown (first stint) was the first for me. Bit depressing that out of the last twenty we’ve had I only really thought we might have cracked it with three. BSA after the Everton game, Reid after our first seventh place finish and Keane after we’d been promoted to the Premier League. I thought his character alone would attract the right players to push us on.

Eric black took charge for a couple games too didn't he?

Who is billy McKinley?
Ex Blackburn midfielder, Moyes appointed him as scout then he stayed on and was 'joint caretaker' for 1 game (Middlesbrough away) along with Stockdale. Then Moyes got the West Ham job and he followed him there.

Eric Black was caretaker for the defeat at Wolves, although MON had already been appointed the day before which is why they probably don't have him on the list.

Its got some missing early on. FFS there was a time I could recite them all, until we started having one a season.

The early managers ran Watson, Campbell, Mackie, Kyle, Cochrane, Murray, Brown. I knew it like Pugh, Pugh, Barley McGrew etc.
Actually, its full of errors - no Macfarlane, Merrington, or Pop Robson to name but three from recent times in addition to trophy winners from the early days!! Plus as already said, what about Stokoe's brief return after what was thought to be our all-time low.

Last edited:

Back