Lip Sync Issues on Laptop Movie Playback

L

Lexingtongue

Whenever I watch a movie on my laptop the syncing between the sound and picture gradually gets worse the longer the film goes on. When I close the film down and then open it again, the issue is resolved but gradually gets worse again. Anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to fix this issue? My machine has an AMD processor and graphics card which, from the few scraps of info I can find online, might have something to do with the problem... Not sure if that will help people come up with a solution.

Whenever I watch a movie on my laptop the syncing between the sound and picture gradually gets worse the longer the film goes on. When I close the film down and then open it again, the issue is resolved but gradually gets worse again. Anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to fix this issue? My machine has an AMD processor and graphics card which, from the few scraps of info I can find online, might have something to do with the problem... Not sure if that will help people come up with a solution.

Are you watching something you downloaded from a torrent site?

If you're not doing so, use VLC Player.
It has options to delay or increase the sound by tiny amounts which will normally fix it.

The above is assuming they are 'dodgy' files. If not and it's a case that your pc is too shit to keep up with a huge 4k film, then you may need to upgrade the ram, gfx card or processor.

It could be a simple case of you don't have the correct codecs installed to play dodgy files on your laptop. Computers don't play all formats by default, also, if it's x265 HEVC format then it's cpu heavy and will slow down your lappy.

Stick to x264 encodes, try a better player, and download a codec pack. PS... VLC is the worst player out there. Avoid that.

Pick one, or both, upto you. Potplayer is the best, CCCP is the more reliable.
Global Potplayer
http://www.cccp-project.net/

If you just want codec packs download one of these
Download K-Lite Codec Pack

My laptop is pretty powerful so it shouldn't be an issue related to performance. The files are avi or mpeg files from my housemate's HD - probably not legit, I'd imagine. I've tried VLC but for some reason it kept giving me the blue screen of death... I'll maybe try another player.

My laptop is pretty powerful so it shouldn't be an issue related to performance. The files are avi or mpeg files from my housemate's HD - probably not legit, I'd imagine. I've tried VLC but for some reason it kept giving me the blue screen of death... I'll maybe try another player.
VLC is bad, but it shouldn't be BSoDing you. :lol:

Update your drivers. Something's not reet there.

VLC is bad, but it shouldn't be BSoDing you. :lol:

Update your drivers. Something's not reet there.
Yeah, seems to be the issue. I live in the third world, however, so getting my laptop connected to reliable Internet is a reet faff on.

Back