LinkedIn - Bellend, Motivated or something else?

If you need to advertise yourself on shite like this then your obvs not very good at your job.If your at the top of your game people will know who you are and where to find you.
I'm good at my job, but it's a big world out there. Somebody looking for a teacher in Beijing won't find me 2000 miles away in Shenzhen. It's been really helpful to me. The thing that seems to bother people are all the daft motivational posts and people bragging. Easy to avoid that. In fact, you have to actively seek it out.
Everyone is a ceo or founder or life coach or a recruiter. Pile of shite but forms part of the background checks now sadly
I never did understand what a life coach is. My grandad didn't need one when he worked down the pit. I always think of those Western films, where the wagon train is heading West. Sonetimes a man will ride up on a horse and ask if he can tag along. Upon being asked what job he can undertake he always says "blacksmith" or "cook" or some equally useful trade. He never says "life coach" does he. A made up job for people who can't do anything, but like telling others what to do.

Last edited:

I'm good at my job, but it's a big world out there. Somebody looking for a teacher in Beijing won't find me 2000 miles away in Shenzhen. It's been really helpful to me. The thing that seems to bother people are all the daft motivational posts and people bragging. Easy to avoid that. In fact, you have to actively seek it out.

I never did understand what a life coach is. My grandad didn't need one when he worked down the pit. I always think of those Western films, where the wagon train is heading West. Sonetimes a man will ride up on a horse and ask if he can tag along. Upon being asked what job he can undertake he always says "blacksmith" or "cook" or some equally useful trade. He never says "life coach" does he. A made up job for people who can't do anything, but like telling others what to do.
Do you wear a wedding ring and drink coffee?

LinkedIn is awful. I'm ready to come off now I've found a job which sounds hypocritical but I'm not one of those posting attention seeking nonsense that promotes working ridiculous hours or post rubbishing other businesses. Its the pits
I use it only for getting work. I never scroll through the feed. I might respond to the odd update I'm informed about - new jobs for people etc. My profile is just there for people to contact me. All my work had come through there last few years.

I use it only for getting work. I never scroll through the feed. I might respond to the odd update I'm informed about - new jobs for people etc. My profile is just there for people to contact me. All my work had come through there last few years.
Yes its always been good to find jobs or extra work like contracts etc but its evolved into a load of bollox ,like Facebook for work wankers.
Yes its always been good to find jobs or extra work like contracts etc but its evolved into a load of bollox ,like Facebook for work wankers.

I use it for reading industry news, I’ve signed up to ‘follow’ a number of companies and news outlets. I also keep in touch with lads I’ve worked with around the world.
As soon as someone displays FB type behaviour, they’re gone so my feed is of a decent standard with very little in the way of the type of posts others are stating they see.

Back