Ling's Cars

My daughter (no) has a part-time job at ScotMid in Edinburgh (it's basically their version of CoOp). She's been getting loads of extra hours due to the high demand at the moment and they have had a mention from HQ thanking them for being the busiest shop - and giving them a bonus for all their hard work. She got £27 :(

This thread hasn’t half made me laugh, sort me a focus RS please Ling 🙏

Check out the website and see the deals

As long as you don't have photosensitive epilepsy
My daughter (no) has a part-time job at ScotMid in Edinburgh (it's basically their version of CoOp). She's been getting loads of extra hours due to the high demand at the moment and they have had a mention from HQ thanking them for being the busiest shop - and giving them a bonus for all their hard work. She got £27 :(

Number one son works in Aldi to pay for himself through uni. That news story about giving all their staff a higher wage for March because they all ? Sure, nice, but their actual staff have all had their shifts scaled back to the bare minimum contracted hours, and all the extra shifts are being done by temp workers who are all on minimum wage

Last edited:
I wanted to lease a car off her. Found out where the office is and walked in. Met her in person and it was the maddest place ever and actually closed to the public as all done online.
Mozza, no one is walking in now. The office is in lockdown. :)
This thread hasn’t half made me laugh, sort me a focus RS please Ling 🙏
Oh Jesus. Best I can do is an 0.9 Corsa with no rear wiper, and an exhaust pipe the size of the Tyne Tunnel. Same thing, really. Suit you, sir?

Last edited:
Lots of people mentioning you might get a new car soon... well...

Do you know what, if anyone wants a new car, you'll have to bloody get on with it as soon as this Death Virus lets us back outside.

Anyone here work at Nissan? EVERY new car factory in Europe (the World?) is closed... and Nissan workers can back me up when I say that after the cars that are sat around have been sold there will be FUCK ALL new cars for ages. Not just the factories that are the issue, there will be no parts to build the cars with, or windscreens, or tyres, plus quite a few workers will have pegged it. The new car prices will go up, and nearly-new cars and used car prices will go up too. This will be a supply nightmare. Cars will be like tinned tomatoes and loo roll. Start thinking ahead, this is a game changer, this Death Virus.

So, if I were you (anyone), I'd get orders in for PHYSICAL cars, as any factory orders will be stuffed. Buy what exists. There are some pre-reg Qashqais, some Citroens and that kind of shite floating around, but I wouldn't be too picky. 4-wheels, tick, get that one. Colour, any, tick, get that one.

Hope that helps.
Good point very well made and understood. I’ll tell her to stop being being such a fanny and make her mind up. Any NHS discount for those working and risking it all on the front line ;)

Good point very well made and understood. I’ll tell her to stop being being such a fanny and make her mind up. Any NHS discount for those working and risking it all on the front line ;)
I'm reluctant to jump on the NHS discount bandwagon, many firms are using that as a PR stunt. Does that sound awful? I think I'll deal with every case on it's merits, favourably but without making an announcement.

This picture is a GP who ordered a Range Rover from me just before the virus went mental... he was skiing in err Bulgaria I think. Dr didn't have access to a scanner for my order form, so sent me this :) He's now got his car.

Logon or register to see this image

I can’t even drive, but I’m going to get a car from @LINGsCARS

Do you live in Hull? They park their cars in their front gardens next to their sofas, in Hull. Would make a nice garden ornament... Just a thought.

Last edited:
Ling,
You make make my heart sing
It highly leaps and goes 'Ping'
It's like the coming of Spring
The joy and wonder it doth bring
You are my thing, so,
I hope your cash tills go 'Ching'
To SMB, you bring a zing
If you fall from the sky,
We'll fix your broken wing
Ling, fancy a fling?

Last edited:
Lots of people mentioning you might get a new car soon... well...

Do you know what, if anyone wants a new car, you'll have to bloody get on with it as soon as this Death Virus lets us back outside.

Anyone here work at Nissan? EVERY new car factory in Europe (the World?) is closed... and Nissan workers can back me up when I say that after the cars that are sat around have been sold there will be FUCK ALL new cars for ages. Not just the factories that are the issue, there will be no parts to build the cars with, or windscreens, or tyres, plus quite a few workers will have pegged it. The new car prices will go up, and nearly-new cars and used car prices will go up too. This will be a supply nightmare. Cars will be like tinned tomatoes and loo roll. Start thinking ahead, this is a game changer, this Death Virus.

So, if I were you (anyone), I'd get orders in for PHYSICAL cars, as any factory orders will be stuffed. Buy what exists. There are some pre-reg Qashqais, some Citroens and that kind of shite floating around, but I wouldn't be too picky. 4-wheels, tick, get that one. Colour, any, tick, get that one.

Hope that helps.
Step forward the new Jeremy Clarkson :lol:

Ling,
You are my thing, so,
To SMB, you bring a zing
Ling, fancy a fling?
Believe it or not, I was actually thinking when I was out in the garden earlier, this would be an ideal poetry opportunity for the Birdman. So many words to rhyme with Ling.

I'm reluctant to jump on the NHS discount bandwagon, many firms are using that as a PR stunt. Does that sound awful? I think I'll deal with every case on it's merits, favourably but without making an announcement.

This picture is a GP who ordered a Range Rover from me just before the virus went mental... he was skiing in err Bulgaria I think. Dr didn't have access to a scanner for my order form, so sent me this :) He's now got his car.

Logon or register to see this image

Do you live in Hull? They park their cars in their front gardens next to their sofas, in Hull. Would make a nice garden ornament... Just a thought.
Only kidding about the discount Ling. We’re the only ones able to go out and actually make some money at the moment so it’s slightly embarrassing the amount of businesses that are offering us freebies and discounts at the moment. It’s just a shame that we’ll all be dead and won’t get chance to spend it due to inadequate PPE. :lol:

Only kidding about the discount Ling. We’re the only ones able to go out and actually make some money at the moment so it’s slightly embarrassing the amount of businesses that are offering us freebies and discounts at the moment. It’s just a shame that we’ll all be dead and won’t get chance to spend it due to inadequate PPE. :lol:

I've got a niece who is a paramedic in Norfolk, she is self isolating due to symptoms, (she thinks) due to the PPE issue
Ling,
You are my thing, so,
To SMB, you bring a zing
Ling, fancy a fling?

I'll pin it in the toilet when my office reopens... :) That's a poem I don't want read to me on my deathbed as they unplug the ventilator, just saying.

Last edited:

Back