Line of Duty series 5

Biometrics is going to play a part. When Hargreaves walked away before being shot he couldn't stop a pig in a passageway. Looked like he'd shat himself. There's going to be some CCTV footage from somewhere that everyone assumes is him then they'll prove that his gait was totally different. Probably.

It's definitely been dumbed down this series where they keep on explaining basic regulations to each other. "Preservation of life" etc.
Sick of hearing them say "OCG". Why did the one who skidded off the road say that the men with guns and balaclavas were OCG? Why did they take DNA from his hands and if they had, why did he look surprised when they discovered the oil traces?
It's still canny but standards have slipped.

I agree

Poor compared to previous and perhaps with more of an eye to American audiences or something as it seems really dumbed down

The plot is not as taut now

Almost eye rolling by rote in most scenes

Biometrics is going to play a part. When Hargreaves walked away before being shot he couldn't stop a pig in a passageway. Looked like he'd shat himself. There's going to be some CCTV footage from somewhere that everyone assumes is him then they'll prove that his gait was totally different. Probably.

It's definitely been dumbed down this series where they keep on explaining basic regulations to each other. "Preservation of life" etc.
Sick of hearing them say "OCG". Why did the one who skidded off the road say that the men with guns and balaclavas were OCG? Why did they take DNA from his hands and if they had, why did he look surprised when they discovered the oil traces?
It's still canny but standards have slipped.

Why more to the point did he not pass it off as having crouched down when he believed masked gunmen were nearby and his hands touched the ground hence the oil transfer.

Why more to the point did he not pass it off as having crouched down when he believed masked gunmen were nearby and his hands touched the ground hence the oil transfer.
I thought that... it was hardly definitive evidence of the sequence of events

The whole thing is far more woolly this series

Hargreaves was obviously a plant otherwise the last three episodes will be a bit shit.

Loads pointing towards Ted but that is still too obvious, the laptop is something to do with his property or his mrs I think.

Most likely is that H has nothing to do with the bent coppers name, I can’t remember anyone actually saying for definite that was the case, just AC12’s working hypothesis
When you think about it this 'H' alias should be far removed from a surname. A criminal mastermind isn't going to go by the alias of the first letter from his surname!

When you think about it this 'H' alias should be far removed from a surname. A criminal mastermind isn't going to go by the alias of the first letter from his surname!
It isn't an alias though is it. Dot was dying and couldn't talk. Kate was getting him to blink yes when she got to the letter of his name. Only got the first letter before he died.

It isn't an alias though is it. Dot was dying and couldn't talk. Kate was getting him to blink yes when she got to the letter of his name. Only got the first letter before he died.

Did he know his name though or was he just giving it as H? Anything like that and people generally don’t know names to prevent being crossed and grassed by others.

Ted is about to get a sample of his semen taken and planted in the freezer at the block with the underage girls.

And I also think the woman in the gang is planted by him and he is comminicating with her using the laptop.

And the person his ex wife has met is in the house with her and about to put a new spin on things when she is being taken captive.

I've been rewatching it from series 1 and it's amazing how much the quality drops off in series 4, almost becomes a bit of a send up of itself.

Not started on it yet but I'm hoping it's back to form in this latest series.
I still watch it but the moment Kate jumped on the HGV and held on by the wing mirror then it more or less died.

We are now down to an actor saying one thing and actor 2 explaining to the audience why we should be aware of what actor 1 said, it is so important.

Should have left on BBC2, where it belongs.

God, series 4 is actually worse than I remember. The characters are written so badly. Jodie stinks up everything.

Completely forgot about the dreadful script as well. "I have tangible concerns my wife is involved in a serious crime" :lol:

Last edited:
I’m almost insulted by how much they tried to suggest it was Ted this episode.

Series 4 was abysmal compared to 1-3, but it at least had a thread that kept me gripped, namely, don’t let that conniving bitch get away with sending innocents to prison and abusing issues around gender and race to do it. It was primitive revenge TV but it was still pretty compelling viewing.

This season I honestly don’t give a fuck what happens. There’s no soul. I wouldn’t even care if it was Ted at this point, it’s so divorced from the reality they created episode 1-3 he’s practically a different person anyway. He’s just a sad man in a hotel totally lacking the integrity and drive that made him such a powerful character in the first 3 series. Maybe that’s the point, that he’s ground down or whatever, but it’s a shit premise and a bit late to go all kitchen sink realism after Kate rode her Mad Max bin lorry of justice.

Stephen Graham is a great actor but there’s not been a single thing to suggest why he hates bent coppers so much other than the fact that he says he hates bent coppers so much. Again, that’s just shit. Nothing to root for or against.

Also don’t kill Maneet off if you’re just going to have someone be Maneet 2. At least give the new lass an actual character.

Ted is about to get a sample of his semen taken and planted in the freezer at the block with the underage girls.

And I also think the woman in the gang is planted by him and he is comminicating with her using the laptop.

And the person his ex wife has met is in the house with her and about to put a new spin on things when she is being taken captive.

Oh aye I’d forgotten about that. Which copper do we assume it is she’s seeing then?

Don’t understand why they went back to Ted’s travelodge room when she’s got a house like :lol:

I reckon H is going to be Kate. She's a CatHerine/KatHerine/KatHryn.

Thing is, if H is someone from AC12 then it makes no sense as they would know that John is an undercover copper doing wht he is doing to protect his cover and they'd just have the crime gang kill him.

So it is one of them, it makes no f***ing sense at all.

also they wouldnt turn around that level of forensic analysis in so short a time

Back