Line of Duty or Peaky Blinders

Up to series 3 of line of duty and its shite imo

A few twists here and there is good but this gets stupid, I’m expecting a dog or pigeon to be involved next

Neither for me. Much like Game of Thrones or Silent Witness such “Cult TV” genre shows, by the definition of the term in my view I feel, only owe it’s successes to and is based around a large and dedicated fan base and little is to do with its content. Though I am sure they are very good.

But a sizeable part of its success and establishment on TV over many series is I feel in no small part to the idea that in any given social situation or on a social media platform, somewhere in the nation there is one or more group of people that will likely be discussing about what’s going on or what they feel about a certain character.

These dramas would be very watchable to me if it weren’t for the fact I would feel I would be joining in this fanbase. I wouldn’t be watching it for me. I’d be watching it because loads of others have. Because loads of other people have spoken with great enthusiasm about it.

I am eager that the OP watches it because he wants to. Not because lots of people have.

I watched the first series of Line of Duty and thought it was brilliant.

For some reason or another just ended up not watching any more so about to go back to the start.

I also enjoyed Peaky Blinders but it feels more like a daft escapism thing than great tv.

One is style over substance, the other is so contrived it feels the need to sit the audience down and explain everything to them like they’re 4 year olds.

Neither for me. Much like Game of Thrones or Silent Witness such “Cult TV” genre shows, by the definition of the term in my view I feel, only owe it’s successes to and is based around a large and dedicated fan base and little is to do with its content. Though I am sure they are very good.

But a sizeable part of its success and establishment on TV over many series is I feel in no small part to the idea that in any given social situation or on a social media platform, somewhere in the nation there is one or more group of people that will likely be discussing about what’s going on or what they feel about a certain character.

These dramas would be very watchable to me if it weren’t for the fact I would feel I would be joining in this fanbase. I wouldn’t be watching it for me. I’d be watching it because loads of others have. Because loads of other people have spoken with great enthusiasm about it.

I am eager that the OP watches it because he wants to. Not because lots of people have.
Bloody hell I think that’s your best post ever mate and I agree . I enjoyed both shows but sometimes shows like this get a momentum that elevates them about other just as worthy offerings.

Makes no sense at all.

That's like saying ya mate recommends a decent restaurant but you won't try it because everyone else is.

If someone recommends something, try it and you be the judge.

Makes no sense at all.

That's like saying ya mate recommends a decent restaurant but you won't try it because everyone else is.

If someone recommends something, try it and you be the judge.
Er no. I’m basically saying the popularity is kind of overtaking most other things. These shows are becoming more about how much people rave about it.

Line of Duty the superior series. Wavers a little at times but overall is very well written and acted tv.

I'd say give Peaky Blinders a go as well but we disciplined and stop after season 2 as it drops off sharply after that.

Which one should I watch first? Both have been on my Netflix list for about 400 years so it's about time I started watching one.
Go for Line of Duty first. They're filming another Peaky Blinders at the moment so by the time you've finished LOD you can start watching Peaky Blinders and probably be ready for when the new series is out.

I have to say I didn't think much of the last series of PB, but it's good overall

Go for Line of Duty first. They're filming another Peaky Blinders at the moment so by the time you've finished LOD you can start watching Peaky Blinders and probably be ready for when the new series is out.

I have to say I didn't think much of the last series of PB, but it's good overall
I watched LOD first. It's great. Peaky next.

Line of Duty. Although this last season really disappointed...

Kelly Mcdonald was pretty shocking in it bar the last couple of episodes.

Tried Peaky Blinders but couldn't get away with it and sacked it off after about 6 episodes.

Line of Duty. Although this last season really disappointed...

Kelly Mcdonald was pretty shocking in it bar the last couple of episodes.

Tried Peaky Blinders but couldn't get away with it and sacked it off after about 6 episodes.
Aye. The ending was a bit dire. Don’t think it really cleared anything up to any great extent.

Back