Lindisfarne to get land train

me guess is shuttle bus leaves car park ( one on lhs just after causeway , basically a field ) and calls in at coach park ( possibly ) and goes along to the castle and drops off and returns
Ah well I can't see how it'll cause them any problems more than a minibus. But it could look a bit tacky. Train should be fully electric though to do something like this and that would be a benefit.

The ones who are involved in the tourist trade kinds roll with it but I stayed there overnight and the talk in the pub was horrible and very snobbish.

It almost put me off my partridge!

There's a book - 100 days on Holy Island - about a writer's stay on the island. It's old now but it was illuminating in many ways about what the islanders think and feel. Worth a look.

I love the place when the tides comes in.

Gordon Honeycombe - who you may remember depending on when you were born - wrote a novel based on Lindisfarne. Pretty good stuff which also describes the claustrophobia of the island.

There's a book - 100 days on Holy Island - about a writer's stay on the island. It's old now but it was illuminating in many ways about what the islanders think and feel. Worth a look.

I love the place when the tides comes in.

Gordon Honeycombe - who you may remember depending on when you were born - wrote a novel based on Lindisfarne. Pretty good stuff which also describes the claustrophobia of the island.
I have stayed there a few times and even broke a tooth eating a chocolate.

It’s not my best anecdote

Back