Lincoln will go up automatically

They looked suspect at the back last night.
Not seen us create as many chances as we did last night beating our normal one shot a game by some distance.
Definitely have some presence attacking though but again give the ball away and prone to counter attacking teams. We found some long lost form last night and I think surprised them as they were expecting an easy comfortable win as was most Swindon fans.

Sunderland are hitting form and getting noticed.

A view from Sincil Bank/LNER:

Our last good performance was against Doncaster. Since then the run has not been terrible, but the performances have certainly dropped.

The reasons are probably a combination of tiredness, small and young squad, other teams adjusting to us after half a season, and some injuries to key players, most notably Bridcutt who occupies an important defensive midfield role for us.

So where does that leave the Mighty Imps moving forward? We have some new players that are getting some game time with mixed results. If they can gel quickly this will offset some challenges and allow resting of other key players. The team is able to create goals and chances when things are going badly. This happened last night against Swindon, and helped us get the win against Wigan.

Most importantly, Appleton appears to have the absolute respect of the team, recognizes the situation, and the whole club top to bottom seems to be well run (our CEO even took time to post on our boards about the detailed and complex circumstances that exist when arranging international broadcast rights at this level - respectful and very rare for football organizations). Appleton has also shown a canny ability to make adjustments mid-game which is why we seem to score so many goals in the second half.

Will this mean we will get automatic promotion? No idea, but I would be shocked if we don't make the play-offs. More importantly, as a club and a project we are ahead of where we expected to be and I am enjoying the ride. Looking forward to Saturday for us against Plymouth and hoping we see an uptick in performance, especially away from home where we seem to be much better. Also, because I post occasionally on these boards really looking forward to our game against you in a few weeks - massive 6 pointer I expect for both teams.

17 penalties been awarded to them so far, so I suspect the referees association have put their Christmas money on them

Agreed. I don’t think Hull will finish top 2 either. Honeyman is a massive miss for them.

I think that if we finish above Posh or (more likely) Portsmouth, we will go up.

Two games a week for two months will put a lot of strain on the smaller squads.
When/why will Honeyman be missing for them? Did he get injured yesterday?

I think they miss Smallwood but the issue there is more the manager I’d say. They’ve had a host of poor games and results with Honeyman playing.

I think they miss Smallwood but the issue there is more the manager I’d say. They’ve had a host of poor games and results with Honeyman playing.

There was a rumour which spread like wildfire on here that Honeyman and Doherty had long term injuries.... lo and behold they then both appear in Hull’s next game !!

There was a rumour which spread like wildfire on here that Honeyman and Doherty had long term injuries.... lo and behold they then both appear in Hull’s next game !!
I just checked Honeyman's injury history on Transfermarkt. It is blank 😁

Yeah apologies - I was under the (mistaken) impression that the injury he picked up recently was more serious than it turned out to be. Didn’t realise he played yesterday. That’s a huge boost for Hull.

Back