Limehouse Lizzy

Had their van nicked in Leeds this morning. All of their gear gone.

STOLEN!

Hi guys, hope it's ok to post here. I play in Limehouse Lizzy, a tribute to Thin Lizzy. Our van was stolen in Rothwell, Leeds this morning with all of our gear on board (backline, guitars, Allen and Heath desk, 180 kilo backdrop, etc...) As musicians, I'm sure you all understand how distressing this is.

Basically just hoping to get the word out and prevent this scum profiting from the tools of our trade. The van is a Mercedes Sprinter, reg YH65 UDN.

I've personally lost the following:

- 2015 Les Paul Traditional

S/N 150007777

(It's had the G-Force tuners changed for Klusons)

- Refinished Les Paul Studio.

(It was a custom job done by a friend of mine, and rebadged as a full on LP, so pretty unique.)

- Pedaltrain Pro Pedalboard, in a particularly hefty flight case as pictured, carrying the following:

Eventide H9

Strymon Big Sky

Strymon Dig Delay

Xotic BB Preamp

Xotic XP Compressor

Xotic EP Booster

Ibanez Tube Screamer Mini

BOSS TU-3 Tuner

BOSS WL-50 Wireless System

BOSS MD-500

BOSS ES-8 Loop Switcher

BOSS PW-3 Wah

- Zilla Fatboy 2x12 cab with Eminence Swamp Thang speakers.

Pretty nondescript, except I'd taken the badge off.

Thanks Folks
Seen this and shared it on Facebook , hope they get everything back .

It's guitars and drums. It's not a priceless piece of artwork.
Besides the fact just one of those guitars would set you back about two grand, instruments hold a sentimental value and finding one to replace yours ain't the easiest thing in the world. I'd be devastated if I lost my main guitar, however, I wadnt be daft enough to leave it in a van overnight neither.

Besides the fact just one of those guitars would set you back about two grand, instruments hold a sentimental value and finding one to replace yours ain't the easiest thing in the world. I'd be devastated if I lost my main guitar, however, I wadnt be daft enough to leave it in a van overnight neither.

That's what I don't understand. A lot of equipment is bulky enough that you'd not take it with you to somewhere safer than a van but a guitar isn't that big.

That's what I don't understand. A lot of equipment is bulky enough that you'd not take it with you to somewhere safer than a van but a guitar isn't that big.
Maybe just complacency but you live and learn I guess. I reckon that's about 4 grands worth of gear listed what the guitarist has lost alone, then there's everything else that went - drums, amps, PA, back drop. That's a hell of a lot of money's worth.

Maybe just complacency but you live and learn I guess. I reckon that's about 4 grands worth of gear listed what the guitarist has lost alone, then there's everything else that went - drums, amps, PA, back drop. That's a hell of a lot of money's worth.

My joke earlier on in the thread aside yes, it’s properly gutting for the people involved. It is expensive gear and holds massive sentimental value.

Yep. It adds up to a lot (not just the van) but it's several thousand and, given that they're basically a touring band, it's their livelihood (I'm assuming from the list of gigs on their website that they've not just all got really, really relaxed employers).

Yep. It adds up to a lot (not just the van) but it's several thousand and, given that they're basically a touring band, it's their livelihood (I'm assuming from the list of gigs on their website that they've not just all got really, really relaxed employers).
Aye,bad crack,you get to a point where the gear is tailored to you .You have a routine of what goes where when as you set up and the reverse when done ,even packing the van .A band walking up to someone elses van would be lost .As said most will walk away with their guitars leaving the big un sexy stuff in the van .I don't unload my car into the garage at 1am when I get home .Guitars go in house though
Other problem is musicians like a bargain so there's a market for nicked gear

I was once watching the EsSex Pistols and a lad ran across the stage mid set. Turns out he went backstage and nicked a guitar, the necky fucker. It was funny cos the singer was in character as Rotten and afterwards he remained in character as he told us about the theft.

Aye,bad crack,you get to a point where the gear is tailored to you .You have a routine of what goes where when as you set up and the reverse when done ,even packing the van .A band walking up to someone elses van would be lost .As said most will walk away with their guitars leaving the big un sexy stuff in the van .I don't unload my car into the garage at 1am when I get home .Guitars go in house though
Other problem is musicians like a bargain so there's a market for nicked gear
Any amount of second hand shops and Musicians who should know better as well round here. Wakey alone has two cash converters, let alone the leeds area. Unfortunately Rothwell falls right into a big catchment area

Keano era I took the missus (no) to Cork for the weekend. We were in this little pub and the barmaid asked me if I liked Thin Lizzy, I said aye they're ok, and she says that Limehouse Lizzy were playing out back, she took us through and the room was massive - absolutely bouncing. They were bloody great.
Obviously the SMB musos won't agree.

Back