Light painting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the orb and feet problem, perhaps the scene was too well lit. Looks like you were standing underneath a street light on both of them??? And you were wearing white trainers man! :)

Nice reflection pic.

Re the orb and feet problem, perhaps the scene was too well lit. Looks like you were standing underneath a street light on both of them??? And you were wearing white trainers man! :)

Nice reflection pic.
since getting my camera I've realised that Durham has too many sodium lights!

Just realised that the reflection isn't as clear on the left of the river due to two ducks swimming about!

oROSSo said:
since getting my camera I've realised that Durham has too many sodium lights!

Just realised that the reflection isn't as clear on the left of the river due to two ducks swimming about!

A BB gun would solve both issues :)

Went out round Durham last night (as seen on flickr) I tried using my Lenser with different gels to light up trees etc but none of them came out very vividly.

Can someone give a clue as to where I'm going wrong?

I'm standing behind the camera and lighting them up from about 10 feet away with my lenser's spot beam. 1 min shutter speed and for that whole minute, lighting the object in question.

Also some of the orbs I tried, you can see my feet on the bottom. Do I need to do an orb, stop, then keep the shutter open for a little longer?

Been searching google but can't really find anything that answers my questions.

basically, the areas you were doing your orbs in were too well lit up already and as mentioned you had white trainers on, probably adidas or nike, pumas are better, anyway, you must have stood still long enough for them to make an impression - wont take long under street light

also, lenser 0 - street light 1, again, look for somewhere a bit darker mate.

i see you went in the old baths..access still easy? not been for a while, liking the shots you got in there, hope ya didnt go in by yaself, must have massive knackers if ya did :)

basically, the areas you were doing your orbs in were too well lit up already and as mentioned you had white trainers on, probably adidas or nike, pumas are better, anyway, you must have stood still long enough for them to make an impression - wont take long under street light

also, lenser 0 - street light 1, again, look for somewhere a bit darker mate.

i see you went in the old baths..access still easy? not been for a while, liking the shots you got in there, hope ya didnt go in by yaself, must have massive knackers if ya did :)
cheers, na I went in with a mate. Canny easy to get in if you don't mind a little climbing, theres a huge open window on the first floor, involves walking along a wall for a bit and climbing up a metal drainpipe.

oh, and the trainers were Superga's!

cheers, na I went in with a mate. Canny easy to get in if you don't mind a little climbing, theres a huge open window on the first floor, involves walking along a wall for a bit and climbing up a metal drainpipe.

oh, and the trainers were Superga's!

Your lass must have huge feet to let you borrow them like :lol:

Good pics last night Ross, i may have made the WB slightly colder but thats just preference. 11-16 looks sharp as fuck aswell.

Your lass must have huge feet to let you borrow them like :lol:

Good pics last night Ross, i may have made the WB slightly colder but thats just preference. 11-16 looks sharp as fuck aswell.
I played about with the WB and reached around where I was, I didn't want to lose too much of the sodium orange as I thought it would be unrealistic but I did cool them quite a bit, as is.

Yer I'm really impressed with the 11-16, its my first proper lens and made me want to go back and re-visit the baths to re-shoot as they were all taken on the standard 17-55 Canon stock lens, which quite frankly now looks grainy even to my untrained eye, in comparison.

Oh and Superga's are mint thank you very much. Leather ones anarl which are like hen's teeth!

I just got myself a big roll of steel wool from Wilko today, although it's not rated it does burn well (maybe too well).

I'm going to be in Durham City all day tomorrow, so I might give it a shot Wednesday night.

I need to get a metal whisk on a bit of string jobby.

Prolly at this location in Jarrow (GPS data included)

I just got myself a big roll of steel wool from Wilko today, although it's not rated it does burn well (maybe too well).

I'm going to be in Durham City all day tomorrow, so I might give it a shot Wednesday night.

I need to get a metal whisk on a bit of string jobby.

Prolly at this location in Jarrow (GPS data included)

Spotted that myself last night, heading up to Boldon - Under the TT roundabouts i think?
Thought looked like a canny location for this months comp! Unfortunately looka like Im far too busy this month to get out with my camera :-(

Spotted that myself last night, heading up to Boldon - Under the TT roundabouts i think?
Thought looked like a canny location for this months comp! Unfortunately looka like Im far too busy this month to get out with my camera :-(

That's right mate. There is also strange turbine building near there that looks like a small UFO hanger type thing.. Makes a very strange noise when the turbine kicks in, almost like the engines of a spaceship starting up.

aye.. I'll get my coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back