Light painting

Status
Not open for further replies.

oROSSo

Striker
Staff member
Good to meet you all last night, but it was painfully clear I was well out of my depth.

Wanting to get some practice in so can someone hoy some links up of a few bits I need. I was thinking a strong lenser torch, some gels and can someone point me as to what I need in order to have a go at orbs

Many thanks

Stick at it Ross marra, a smaller more hands on group (like we had at Steetly) would probably be better for learning. I know little about it, and I'm still learning it too, but i don't mind coming over to Durham for a night of it :cool:

I felt a little the same Ross and same as you I didn't have the right accessories.

Lenser is a must like, I had a cheap imitation last night and having compared it to Steeeds lenser i've bought a lenser (and a back-up CF card :lol:) this morning. :cool:

I bought the P7

Last edited by a moderator:
Ross its more about messing about and coming up with idea's than going to shops and buying stuff, a lenser is a good torch, dont buy gels you can order a free sample book from Lee which will do ya, rest I would recommend checking out 'Light Junkies' on flickr

So many tutorials there for home made tools like cathodes etc, also el wire is handy really cheap from hong kong too.

I preferred all this when it was just drawing knobs with a ciggie :lol:

ayesane said:
Stick at it Ross marra, a smaller more hands on group (like we had at Steetly) would probably be better for learning. I know little about it, and I'm still learning it too, but i don't mind coming over to Durham for a night of it :cool:

Thinking about going out Sunday night if you're free

lenser torches are pretty awesome like, Coast torches are also worth a look, pretty much the same as lenser really

http://www.coastportland.com/led-flashlights/

whatever you do though dont buy one of those fuck off massive million candle torch jobs, they are rubbish compared to lenser/coast.

there is also a place on team valley that you can get free gel samples from but i dont know what its called.

oROSSo said:

Also can anyone recommend and orb tutorial, I work with electrics so could probably knock something together in the stores, just need a 'how to'

Sunday night is a no no unfortunatly, sorry ross mate :cry: promised the missus 100% of this bank holiday weekend. (unless we have a clear night then i'm allowed to do a star trail)

I'm free every night after Wednesday next week.

and aye, Clyde, my torch is supposed to be better by specification then the lenser but it is half as good. Was only £20 like..

Also can anyone recommend and orb tutorial, I work with electrics so could probably knock something together in the stores, just need a 'how to'

Nathan, enter stage left...

Last edited by a moderator:
Orbs are generally just LED christmas lights taped together mate, can get a little fancy but check out TxPilot on flickr, and thanks Ross I have a boatload of stuff for you to make now :lol:

clyde said:
lenser torches are pretty awesome like, Coast torches are also worth a look, pretty much the same as lenser really

http://www.coastportland.com/led-flashlights/

whatever you do though dont buy one of those fuck off massive million candle torch jobs, they are rubbish compared to lenser/coast.

there is also a place on team valley that you can get free gel samples from but i dont know what its called.

I thought that the fuck off bright torch thingy that I bought ( squillions of candle power ) was just as good as the name brands ,,

Meh

clyde said:
Yours is class mate, i meant this type, the ones that ya have to charge up over night and ya get about 20 mins out of them

See what you mean now . The ones you are on about are kak . they heavy and don't last long

Found out there's a place about 3 doors down from my work that does the Lee swatch books!

Was gonna pop to snow and rock before the match to get a lenser but theyre wanting 60 quid for a P7! Balls to that, amazon for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back