Lifting Weights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its easy mate takes 2 seconds just quickly weigh what goes into the food. Do you eat the same things most weeks?

If you really can't be arsed an easy solution is cutting carbs you'll drop weight that
Nar, the missus cooks different stuff all the time - rarely have the same meal more than once a month and I don't prepare it.
I tried MFP a few years back - its a very nice tool, but its awful when you're cooking from scratch. How do I know that I've had exactly 1/4 of a batch of chilli, for example. Weighing potatoes, measuring spoonfulls of sauce. Its horrible.
I'll try to eat more protein instead of carbs where I can. Starting with what I eat at work I think.

Nar, the missus cooks different stuff all the time - rarely have the same meal more than once a month and I don't prepare it.
I tried MFP a few years back - its a very nice tool, but its awful when you're cooking from scratch. How do I know that I've had exactly 1/4 of a batch of chilli, for example. Weighing potatoes, measuring spoonfulls of sauce. Its horrible.
I'll try to eat more protein instead of carbs where I can. Starting with what I eat at work I think.

Would be so much easier if we could afford chefs with qualifications in sports nutrition!

Would be so much easier if we could afford chefs with qualifications in sports nutrition!
Honestly, I reckon I'd seriously consider meals on wheels if they were nice and nutritious! I've said it before, a house with no food in it is probably the best way to solve the obesity crisis - just deliver exactly what people need for a reasonable price and you're laughin

Honestly, I reckon I'd seriously consider meals on wheels if they were nice and nutritious! I've said it before, a house with no food in it is probably the best way to solve the obesity crisis - just deliver exactly what people need for a reasonable price and you're laughin

I'd do it as well. I resent having to do the things to keep me alive like cooking, washing etc'. It's so much worse now I can't share the chores with my lass.

Reactions: PTR
Tracking cals is a must if you want to see improvements. I was the same as @PTR. You need to take responsibility for your nutrition. You sometimes need to guess a bit but you will under and over guess so it evens out. When you have time weigh the regular food you eat that you are guessing.

Honestly didn't have a clue what I was eating macro wise before I tracked. Now 3kg down over 7 weeks..

Tracking cals is a must if you want to see improvements. I was the same as @PTR. You need to take responsibility for your nutrition. You sometimes need to guess a bit but you will under and over guess so it evens out. When you have time weigh the regular food you eat that you are guessing.

Honestly didn't have a clue what I was eating macro wise before I tracked. Now 3kg down over 7 weeks..
I really did do it for about a month. I didn't get anything out of it.

This is my next problem.

I need to lose weight AND build muscle at the same time to alleviate my back/hip problem. Cutting calories makes it hard to get the protein in, and gym sessions don't burn enough calories to lose weight on their own.
Just worry about getting your routine right and take a picture every month or so, don't weigh yourself and get your diet right, it'll take a year which will fly over believe me and you'll be lifting weights that seemed impossible when you started

Just worry about getting your routine right and take a picture every month or so, don't weigh yourself and get your diet right, it'll take a year which will fly over believe me and you'll be lifting weights that seemed impossible when you started
tbh, I'm already amazed that I've got 100kg on my deadlift. But yeh, I can see the difference already, and its been very hitty-missy. I've took a year's membership out, so should keep at it.

tbh, I'm already amazed that I've got 100kg on my deadlift. But yeh, I can see the difference already, and its been very hitty-missy. I've took a year's membership out, so should keep at it.
Where you training if you don't mind me asking

Pure Gym in Sunderland is class imo.

Watch some of this bloke's videos;
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzGLDaTu81nJDtWK10MniGg/videos

Gives you a good idea of what you're doing before you go there so you should recognise machines etc and what to do.

My number 1 tip would be don't be afraid to ask for help of the trainers showing you the machines etc. It's better than having no idea and looking awkward.

Also don't over-complicate things to start with. Forget about sets/reps, just get a feel of doing the exercises properly and getting a burn out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back