LGBT+ awareness month

For the vast majority of people in the UK no more work needs to be done. For most there is no issue at all.

For the very small amount of people who are outwardly hostile there will be little or nothing that can be done. Just like people who drop litter, people who don't work, people who get asbos (if that is a thing anymore), etc etc. Virtually impossible to get intolerance down to zero.

To be fair I'm not that keen on anyone who isn't living with their parents showing affection in public. Always seems a bit show offy.
you think holding hands, placing a hand on your partners leg, or around their shoulder, walking down the street linking arms are show offy?

I'm not talking about wearing the face off each other here, just general small signs of affection.

you think holding hands, placing a hand on your partners leg, or around their shoulder, walking down the street linking arms are show offy?

I'm not talking about wearing the face off each other here, just general small signs of affection.

It was a tongue in cheek remark. I do smile when I see an older couple holding hands. Who are they trying to kid? :lol:

Funnily enough, I was having the same conversation with my daughter today. I certainly wouldn't be the first one to come out because of the media hysteria. (I'm not gay and I'm shite at football as well)

The vast majority of supporters would not raise an eyebrow. Maybe, I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

I think I would probably have a "poor" attitude trans folks. Depending on your definition of poor.

I'd like to think you were right but I'm not so sure. I think another and possibly a bigger factor than the fans or media, could be acceptance from team mates and other colleagues.

Supposing that to be true, it's initiatives like this that got us here, no? We'd still have Section 28 if no-one spoke up.

Reported hate crimes against gays & lesbians have increased over the past 10 years, btw.
I'm not saying the past wasn't bad. I'm saying the war is over and has been won. Apart from a hardcore of people who are on the margins of society.

I'd like to think you were right but I'm not so sure. I think another and possibly a bigger factor than the fans or media, could be acceptance from team mates and other colleagues.

I would be astounded if the modern footballer was homophobic towards a work colleague. Obviously some of them might be but again the vast majority would not have an issue.
Awww, ha'way man 😟
Soz mate

Brilliant, stealing that.
Why do we have to be aware of other people's predilections?

Will their be a BTW awareness initiative? Do we have to raise awareness of people who like putting crisps in sandwiches? Highlight the fact that some people put their ketchup in the fridge?
Tired of constantly being told of what I'm obliged to give a fuck about.
Well sometimes people struggle to figure things out on their own and need a helping hand to be shown things.

Or are you one of those people who think they know everything?
As someone from the LGBTQ+ group, it's a made up event that isn't celebrated at all in the community and I've never heard of it until this year and tbh if I never heard of it again then I wouldn't care neither. Just another event for the same companies to jump on the bandwagon and pretend they give a toss for some extra sales who accidentely forgot about it last year or had NHS stuff with the pride flag aka Morrisons, M&S and a lot more.

LGBTQ+ month is June (Pride month). We don't need another one.
Well I’ve started a f***ing thread now and everything...

Last edited:
Funnily enough, I was having the same conversation with my daughter today. I certainly wouldn't be the first one to come out because of the media hysteria. (I'm not gay and I'm shite at football as well)

The vast majority of supporters would not raise an eyebrow. Maybe, I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

I think I would probably have a "poor" attitude trans folks. Depending on your definition of poor.

I remember the abuse Graham le Saux got at the SOL when it was rumours he'd sampled the rear tailpipe.

I think some fans would start up a chant even if only to put a star opposition player off his game.

Wrong, I know.

I remember the abuse Graham le Saux got at the SOL when it was rumours he'd sampled the rear tailpipe.

I think some fans would start up a chant even if only to put a star opposition player off his game.

Wrong, I know.

The world has moved on. I could be wrong but I think any chant would be a tiny minority of fans and would soon fizzle out.

The attitude to race in the stands is massively different. Even though, I don't think we were that racist back in the day.

I may look through red n white tinted glasses mind.

Back