LFTs to incur a charge in the next few months

Yes but you can still just go about your business legally via these incoming vaccine passports regardless. It's putting a lot of trust in folk to get tested off their own back.
No you can’t. If you get a positive test result, you have to isolate.

I know, so remind me of the point of a vaccine passport that overrides a test result?

But hardly anyone will be getting tested if they have to pay for it.
LFT’s are going to be charged for. If you have symptoms, a PCR will still be free (I presume)

Understandable in your situation, it was just an observation from my point of view. When I say nonsense it's because the test result can easily be fixed so totally pointless in many situations.

It isn’t totally pointless. Yet again, as ever, you’ve misunderstood what they’re intended to be used for, and just resort to posting nonsense.

I reckon a lot of people will do a lateral flow when they should really be taking a PCR. Get a negative, take it as fact (assume the cough must be a cold, drinking too much, whatever) and don't bother with a PCR.
If you have symptoms you are not supposed to do a lateral flow test, that’s not what they are for. You are supposed to go straight for a PCR test.
Lateral flow tests are meant to be used for catching positive people who have no symptoms at all, like kids going to school etc. Better they catch some asymptotic cases than none at all.

If you have symptoms you are not supposed to do a lateral flow test, that’s not what they are for. You are supposed to go straight for a PCR test.
Lateral flow tests are meant to be used for catching positive people who have no symptoms at all, like kids going to school etc. Better they catch some asymptotic cases than none at all.

What they are meant to be used for and what people actually use them for are two different things.

If they're more convenient and give the desired answer then people will happily take the path of least residence so they can 'justifiably' crack on with whatever they want to do.

Don’t find these tests accurate at all.

Both me and my gf had multiple negative LFT’s before getting a more accurate PCR test which showed positive.

Accuracy is a very complex subject when it comes to diagnostic tests as it depends on how the test was conducted, what the level of infection is, the type of result you are expecting and a number of other factors.

If you have quite a low viral load then you may test negative with a LFT but positive with a PCR as the latter is better at picking up low levels of infection. However, LFTs don't give many false positives so they are a good way of cheaply screening a lot of people to capture most of the positives even if a few false negatives slip through. Another problem is that many home tests are done by people without any training so they may not swab themselves properly. A test done in a clinc is more likely to be reliable.

Back