Levelling a floor.

What if we are sticking it down? I dunno if we are or not as it’s a fitter coming into do it.
They will fill it with adhesive I would have thought. They will probably key the ply with evostick mate.
Personally I wouldn’t want it stuck down as long as the sides are sealed.

They will fill it with adhesive I would have thought. They will probably key the ply with evostick mate.
Personally I wouldn’t want it stuck down as long as the sides are sealed.
Just dry lay it, then stick the perimeter with contact spray.stops it moving/ curling up at the ends.A nice bead of colour matched silicone and jobs a good un.

I hope your not getting decking.
Nah. Save that for the summer. Think I’ll get something done in stone though. Never really liked that slippy wood stuff.
I'd use decorators caulk, and just use a straight edge to scrape it flush. Doesn't need to be sanded to perfection.
I’ve found some two part wood filler left over in the garage. Think I’ll use that and save the trip to tool station.

Last edited:
I’ve found some two part wood filler left over in the garage. Think I’ll use that and save the trip to tool station.
Aye, owt will do really. I fixed up my floorboards a few months back before putting new carpet down, and I used up any dreg end in a few different tubes filling gaps. Exterior silicon, caulk and even no-nails adhesive. Its just filling gaps.

Yeah, a little better. Except where there's an existing defect in the floor, and the thicker sheets show that up even more.
You lay in a different pattern too, with 8x6 sheets, you're really not getting any advantage imo. It would have been absolutely fine for vinyl flooring.
8x6 sheets?

Back