Let's discuss the Monarchy

I’ve always wanted to be called up for that, but I’d want a proper juicy 10 week trial 😀

I know though it can be really boring with lots of hanging about if you don’t get picked as a juror.

Saw a few tweets today from people who work in Courts mentioning the changes, until it’s happened you don’t realise how much of our society/structures are in her name
I've bought Johan Cruyffs Autobiography to read if I have to hang around.

From what I’ve heard of those not picked/selected you might need more than one book to read
I've been told if you're not needed for the day, they sometimes send you home. Knowing my luck I'll get a long boring fraud case and lose some of my days off. I have every other Friday off, so will miss one at least.

I've been told if you're not needed for the day, they sometimes send you home. Knowing my luck I'll get a long boring fraud case and lose some of my days off. I have every other Friday off, so will miss one at least.
Aye they do, but you still have to come back the next day, even if, they know you won’t be needed.

Id love a long interesting trial, my experience of Court is that it’s just drama, and I love it, but I’d hate a boring fraud case.

You should get paid though for whatever days off, surely

Apparently the yoof are laughing and posting memes
I've seen strange posts from people my age in recent days. It's quite depressing and is just a sign of the times we live. I'm sure most people wouldn't say the things they've been posting in public. Unfortunately thanks to social media people get a kick out of a few likes and being noticed.

Take Jedward for example, I find it quite astonishing that they can post what they have on Twitter, yet were quite willing to come over to the UK and make a few quid from their 15 minutes of fame.

Last edited:
Apparently the yoof are laughing and posting memes
I've seen strange posts from people my age in recent days. It's quite depressing and is just a sign of the times we live. I'm sure most people wouldn't say the things they've been posting in public. Unfortunately thanks to social media people get a kick out of a few likes and being noticed.

Take Jedward for example, I find it quite astonishing that they can post what they have on Twitter, yet were quite willing to come over to the UK and make a few quid from their 15 minutes of fame.
I had the misfortune to stumble onto the hashtag #irishtwitter yesterday. That had to be seen to be believed

When I was at work yesterday, grown men were stood calling her a nazi and pedo. I couldn’t bite my tongue, words were had.

My son is 19, I’m very proud that he admired the queen, saddened by her death and will respect King Charles. He is a monarchist Like his dad And grandad before him.
When I took mine to Twickenham last year, he told me on the way he would be singing the national anthem loud and proud in case it was his last opportunity to sing God Save The Queen, sadly he was right. A very proud moment to see him belting it out that day.

There were plenty on here claiming/ hoping that sunderland fans wouldn't sing it.

They were proved well wrong though.
It sounded magnificent
Well you obviously wernt sitting where I was. Lukewarm at best with plenty sitting and certainly many not singing.

I believe you are exforces (?) where its a job requirement to worship the royal family, fair enough, but if you read up, Sunderland has never really been a royalist city.

Well you obviously wernt sitting where I was. Lukewarm at best with plenty sitting and certainly many not singing.

I believe you are exforces (?) where its a job requirement to worship the royal family, fair enough, but if you read up, Sunderland has never really been a royalist city.
No, it's not a job requirement at all that's just one of those tired myths trotted out by the permanently embittered.

I take it you weren't really at Wembley

Back