Len Shackleton advised Sunderland ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that had been the case, would you have taken the success of Notts Forest and their subsequent decline to where they are now?
It's a would Clough have done the same here as at Derby and Forest argument which can never be answered. Knowing what I know now obviously the answers yes. We certainly wouldn't have been in the third division.

What Clough achieved at Forest he'd have achieved with us.....there's no doubt in my mind. Big mistake in our history not appointing him when we had the chance.

Clough may well have come here from Hartlepools, but all those rumours about him coming here from Forest were nonsense - just publicity stunts to get him an improved contract at Forest. He did this throughout his career

There was only Watson and tueart in that side that were first division players.
On that cup run we were a great team but individually???
Bit overrated imho. Watson improved dramatically after his switch to centre back but was ably backed up by Pitt. Tueart benefitted from all action Hughes taking on a lot more responsibilty all over the park. I really think Porter, Kerr, Hughes,Monty and Halom were definitely 1st division material. The others made an incredible effort to surpass their real ability and for that reason are probably more noteworthy of praise. So Tricky Dicky, Guths, Horswill Richie Pitt take a bow.

Haha, think I know who you are mister! Didn't realise you knew how to use the internet!

I saw Roger a short while back, looked 10 years younger! Loving retirement.
I dabble every now and then.

I haven`t seen Roger for a while. I must pop round for a cuppa one day. He`s a big character and a big miss at work.

I think I know who you are too !!

If that had been the case, would you have taken the success of Notts Forest and their subsequent decline to where they are now?
Oh yes.
I was just "out of my time" and living at home. Give my ma my board and had nowt to spend money on but beer and SAFC. I would've loved the European trips.
If your teams gonna be good the ideally you want it to be good when your that age.

Like a shot mate.
Imagine looking at that European Champions roll of honour and seeing our name listed twice on it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back