Len Shackleton advised Sunderland ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
To give Brian Clough the managers job before he went to Derby. What if Clough and Taylor had that 73 cup side? With all due respect to Bob Stokoe who will always be loved and repected by me. How many trophies could we have won?

To give Brian Clough the managers job before he went to Derby. What if Clough and Taylor had that 73 cup side? With all due respect to Bob Stokoe who will always be loved and repected by me. How many trophies could we have won?
There was only Watson and tueart in that side that were first division players.
On that cup run we were a great team but individually???

Doug Weatherall when he was at the Mail,had also said that Clough was lined up twice to come to Sunderland.
Keith Collins the then chairman decided he wasnt the right man for Sunderland. Collind even said so in an interview in the legion of light a couple of seasons ago.

Doug Weatherall when he was at the Mail,had also said that Clough was lined up twice to come to Sunderland.
Keith Collins the then chairman decided he wasnt the right man for Sunderland. Collind even said so in an interview in the legion of light a couple of seasons ago.
Aye that was him Collins, he thought Clough was a bit of an oik as the posh twats say. Unbelievable the sort of stupid chairmen we've had.

I thought Cowie give Clough a blank cheque but Clough turned him down.

Before my time like but sure I read that somewhere

If that had been the case, would you have taken the success of Notts Forest and their subsequent decline to where they are now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back