1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Len Lowther

Discussion in 'SMB' started by TheWanderer, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Pop

Pop Striker

Corruption has been prevalent for centuries therefore it is ok, right....

Transformed into something decidedly average at best in parts, poor in others. Again, good to know how low you’ve set the bar.

Not sure what my age has to do with it but I am over 30.

2. Ben Gardner

Ben Gardner Midfield

You surprise me.

3. Pop

Pop Striker

Your acceptance of alleged corruption and mediocrity surprises me sunshine.

Ben Gardner likes this.
  4. the boot

the boot Central Defender

Bottom line is tbf to the council nobody wants anything to do with the city, hence the reason we end up doing deals with the wrong people and making the wrong decisions time and time again. We simply have no other offers.
    I said in a previous post about not getting the city of culture and how it would affect us. Will all the promised upgrades and new buildings go ahead?
    It now seems the council have a new scapegoat in carillion.
    It now seems we are heading for two 'culture hubs' within a 100 yards of each other.
    It now seems in the words of Katie sully (siglion) seaburn is dormant.
    It now seems work on the vaux site has no light at the end of the tunnel.

All this after the council said don't worry we have a NUMBER of options open to us.
    We are seeing the 'options unfold now'.

gillythedilf likes this.
  5. peil

peil Striker Contributor

It's illegal, didn't you know that?

6. Paddy O'Dors

Paddy O'Dors Striker

You think changing from a Labour council to one of another persuasion will magically transform Sunderland into Monte Carlo? It'll still be a secondary city in one of the most economically poor areas of the UK. It would still have low inward investment.

FWIW what Loopy has suggested isn't really very democratic and just smacks of desperation tbh.

7. SAFC2403

SAFC2403 Winger

Actually i dont - but what it will do is make sure any elected council is kept on its toes and therfore would fight tooth and nail for whatever investment is available. This council have sat on their fat arses for far too long and have gotten WAY too comfortable. It's time someone else was given a go to at the very least see if they can do a better job - at least if it happens we will know one way or the other.

8. Weremuthe

Weremuthe Striker

I can't understand when you look at the state of how Britain is today compared to just 20 years ago you have people wanting Tory & Liberals to run our city!

NHS purposely permanent in crisis, libraries closed, police & military forces more than decimated, infrastructure crumbling, EU taking the piss out of our negotiators etc etc while they give massive tax-cuts to the rich and companies and let companies such as Carillion, Capita & Virgin rob us blind and take off when there is only the lickings of a dog left.

9. You know the Vauxhall’s issues had nothing to do with the council? They didn’t own the land, however I can’t see you blaming Tesco at all

10. bloody hell 2 car plants on Wearside

11. Le Chuck

Le Chuck Striker

I dont think UKIP will put that many candidates anyway tbf, and hardly anyone votes for the greens. The local libs only really have the resources to target 1 or 2 wards at a time.

12. Weremuthe

Weremuthe Striker

I campaigned for Labour's Gordon Chalk - a thoroughly decent candidate. AS you can see nearly UKIP 500 votes went to TLD's, 135 Con votes & prob 200+ Lab also to LD's. Labours vote stood up well but the rest of the field collapsed.

Sunderland City Council, Pallion Ward
    Election results 2010: Lab 1866, Con 739, LD 709, BNP 318
    Election results 2011: Lab 1688, Con 506, Grn 451
    Election results 2012: Lab 1541, Con 365, Grn 304, LD 101
    Election results 2014: Lab 1047, UKIP 659, Con 314, Grn 105, LD 67
    Election results 2015: Lab 1804, UKIP 1012, Con 554, Grn 153, LD 134
    Election results 2016: Lab 1046, UKIP 596, Con 261, LD 91, Grn 71
    Election results 2018: LD 1,251, Lab 807, Con126, Ukip 97, Grn 39 (31.7% turnout)

f.t.metro likes this.
  13. citybythesea

citybythesea Central Defender

What's happened over the last two decades is social media has given voice to people who are concerned about Sunderland. This has become the forum to question the direction the city has gone. Although the focus has been on the negatives and ignored the good work. However, its unsurprising the vitriol has occurred given some of the outcomes.
    Personally I think the city's economy needs a rethink, we should have better road, rail and business links from the city centre southerly to east durham and teeside.

the boot likes this.
  14. Mr.Thunders

Mr.Thunders Striker

Wish we could have cost for all the time the council,ombudsmen et all have spent on dealing with Len's complaints and in this time of austerity see how much could have been spent on adult social care.

15. Weremuthe

Weremuthe Striker

Police numbers drop by 1,200 in six months as wage bill frozen
    No extra funding for salaries offered by Home Office despite sharp rise in recorded crime

[​IMG]

Police numbers drop by 1,200 in six months as wage bill frozen

16. Paddy O'Dors

Paddy O'Dors Striker

Did he post on twatter or summat the word "good" when news of the sad demise of Cllr Watson was announced? Or am I just imagining that?

17. the boot

One foi request every 2 month over nearly 5 year. Hardly gonna break the bank.
    if you receive council tax relief for five year I dare say there will be more phone calls and paperwork involved.
    You ain't really thought it out have you?

18. Le Chuck

Le Chuck Striker

Put in an FOI request in.
    Although now i think all his just go in the bin for being vexacious

Mr.Thunders likes this.
  19. Paddy O'Dors

Paddy O'Dors Striker

30 FoI requests isn't many then?

Mr.Thunders likes this.
  20. the boot

Across nearly 5 year? Hardly. I would imagine they deal with dozens a week. Legal matters and from opposition parties. Don't get me wrong the blokes a melt but suggesting his requests could of made a significant difference to adult services is stretching it slightly. Also some of them were to other parties, Gateshead council and police.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018