Len Lowther banned from facebook

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date

They gave him the info he wanted. And because it wasn't what he wanted to hear he started behaving like the petulant child he is and started making vexatious requests.

The bloke's a f***ing helmet.

Some people on here even think it's OK that he goes around libelling and slandering innocent people if in the end he uncovers some corruption.
So was that land sold for under market value?

So was that land sold for under market value?

Nope. Even the then leader of the Sunderland Tories said everything was above board. The land in question had been for sale for a while and even Mr Lowther himself could have bought it if he'd been so inclined.

Well if he was libelling and slandering an innocent like me i would have taken him to court, regardless of whether i worked for the council or not. That is a matter of personal pride and i'm sure it would suit the council to see someone actually doing it.
Which innocents has he been doing this to? And why hasn't anyone taken him to court.
The cost involved in taking a case of that nature to court are far to high for the likes of you or me. Set aside £100,000 to start with then watch the costs grow. That’s why only companies and very rich individuals take things to court

The cost involved in taking a case of that nature to court are far to high for the likes of you or me. Set aside £100,000 to start with then watch the costs grow. That’s why only companies and very rich individuals take things to court

No legal aid available either.

First question any solicitor would ask is do you have a fortune to lose. They don't take payment at the end either, regular invoices would be sent to stop you accumulating to much arrears.

Public bodies can't sue for libel or slander either.

No legal aid available either.

First question any solicitor would ask is do you have a fortune to lose. They don't take payment at the end either, regular invoices would be sent to stop you accumulating to much arrears.

Public bodies can't sue for libel or slander either.
You also have to have a public "reputation" to damage. Even if you win your case the amount of damages that you receive depends upon the amount of damage done to your reputation. A well known person who might suffer damage to their business because of the blow to their reputation might receive thousands. Joe Soap who is only know to those around him and is unemployed would probably get about £1 in damages. A relatively ordinary person is unlikely to receive anything like enough damages and costs to even cover their legal fees. (it's a law for the rich).

Back