Leicester

Mad when you think just over 4 years ago they were celebrating drawing with us at ours to stay up....since then they've had 5 managers (we're on our 7th), sold 3 of their league winning team and one of their 'finds' (Maguire) and made massive profits (we've bought shit and had to let it go for bugger all taking a massive loss each time). And they've been a consistent top 10 team and are now looking like the team that may push Liverpool.... shows what you can do with a good owner, a structure and a good recruitment policy/network.....

Mad when you think just over 4 years ago they were celebrating drawing with us at ours to stay up....since then they've had 5 managers (we're on our 7th), sold 3 of their league winning team and one of their 'finds' (Maguire) and made massive profits (we've bought shit and had to let it go for bugger all taking a massive loss each time). And they've been a consistent top 10 team and are now looking like the team that may push Liverpool.... shows what you can do with a good owner, a structure and a good recruitment policy/network.....

Is the key.

The Twelfth Man (or The Solly) is sound. Tends to be a bit of a HQ for the more fanatical supporters shall we say. Same as most places though, don't try to take the piss and you'll be made to feel welcome.
Exactly how it should be mate.
Me and my mates are old school if you know what I mean. Little team of us that go away and like to think if we are ok with the locals we’ll be ok.
We were in the Albert just before kick off after a few in town at dinner , 12th man, then went right and down to Everton Valley , went in a couple of boozers round there , one of them proper staunch LFC with a band playing your songs , can’t remember what it was called.
Ended up near Goodison then got the bus back in town.
We’ve done the same in Sunderland , Sinatra’s , deaf club, indigo bar, Londonderry Bar, no problems if you have the right attitude.

Exactly how it should be mate.
Me and my mates are old school if you know what I mean. Little team of us that go away and like to think if we are ok with the locals we’ll be ok.
We were in the Albert just before kick off after a few in town at dinner , 12th man, then went right and down to Everton Valley , went in a couple of boozers round there , one of them proper staunch LFC with a band playing your songs , can’t remember what it was called.
Ended up near Goodison then got the bus back in town.
We’ve done the same in Sunderland , Sinatra’s , deaf club, indigo bar, Londonderry Bar, no problems if you have the right attitude.
The Halfway House?

Signing players like Johnny Evans for £3m and Vardy for £1m. They must be the most efficient and well run club in the country. Brendan absolutely sussed how to get the most out of every player.

They make it all look so easy
It's what he does, an excellent coach.

Just not that good at signing players. Had issue at Liverpool and Celtic with this, madness that Leicester decided to bring Congerton from celtic too.

Signing players like Johnny Evans for £3m and Vardy for £1m. They must be the most efficient and well run club in the country. Brendan absolutely sussed how to get the most out of every player.

They make it all look so easy

I remember people on here saying he wasn’t good enough for SAFC. Finished etc. :lol:

You are making up claims that supporters of this club and that club are such and such because you've had an experience with a couple of randoms. I heard someone the other day bad mouth you lot. You get wankers in every following. I've seen wankers from Newcastle acting like dicks. I wouldn't use that to tarnish a whole support which is what you are doing.
Read my last post.

I live in Leicestershire and am friends with a lot of their fans and haven't encountered any of these 'shithouses' you mention? Most of them still can't quite believe they won the league and are just currently enjoying the ride of this season.

The owners death seemed to bring the club/city even closer together, which could explain their absolute desire and togetherness this season?

Good luck to them

Snap !

Just shows you what a system and scouting network to get good players in can do. Many on here were saying the Prem league was a complete waste of time as no other team could win it or come close other than the top 3-4.

There are billions of players out there, all we need to do is get the right ones in and we continually fail to do so every f***ing window. It's unbelievable how much shite we buy and then replace with more shite.

As said, they have pace in the team also, which goes a long long way in the modern game.

Back