Leicester City v Poocastle United Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Am I the only one not worried about the 'bounce' now?

Players raise their game for the derby anyway (our will be up for it on Sunday). The mags will tell you that it was the 'bounce' that got us the wins under Di Canio, Poyet , Advocaat and Allardyce, but how do they know we wouldn't have won anyway? I think we won because we have a few players with a bit of backbone and they don't.

Derby games are one offs and after the derby there is a two week break which I think helps us, as effectively Newcastle could now be looking for their new manager 'bounce' nearly a month after he took control and this is normally about the time the 'bounce' wears off.

I will nail my colours to the mast now. I would kill for a draw now and go into the last few games ahead of them with a better goal difference.

Lets be honest, we could kill their bounce stone dead on Sunday.
Sissoko confirmed for me that there is no bounce.

Same defence. Same attack. Same mistakes. Same shite.

Leicester scored right in the middle of the embarrassing anti-AJ song they sing :) Not that I'm a 'crowd song' statto but I've noticed this on more than one occasion. The moral has to be don't take the piss when you are so shit or karma will bite your bloated Mag arse.

I thought Newcastle would get out of it, but their lack of goals is crippling them. Good job they didn't win tonight as a point at Leicester and the Derby would have got the Benitez management off to a decent start. Now a draw is a bad result for them and would undo any momentum they got from Benitez's appointment. Whatever you think about him, it has lifted them. Derailing the new manager effect before it starts rolling is vital

I thought Newcastle would get out of it, but their lack of goals is crippling them. Good job they didn't win tonight as a point at Leicester and the Derby would have got the Benitez management off to a decent start. Now a draw is a bad result for them and would undo any momentum they got from Benitez's appointment. Whatever you think about him, it has lifted them. Derailing the new manager effect before it starts rolling is vital

Failing to win the derby would burst the bubble after which they have 2 more away games on the bounce ........ the only bounce they'll get ;)

To be honest tonight I thought was similar to how the mags looked against Stoke, sat back and after conceding to a great finish (a nod of appreciation to Steven Taylor for the help in the build up) had a go and created a few half chances but Schmiechel had nothing at all to do. The only difference to the Stoke game was they conceded earlier tonight so had longer to try and get back into it but failed miserably.

Sissoko confirmed for me that there is no bounce.

Same defence. Same attack. Same mistakes. Same shite.
Benitez has only been there for a few days. Not too much you can read from that game. Other than set up as hard to beat, although that should be different at home with the 54 million mags at home.

Some entertaining tweets from PaddyPower during the game, some of my favorites below

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

The guy in charge of that has to be a MLF.

If Benitez mentions Bobby Robson this week I swear I'll track him down and slap his fat face.
I know when he will be Sunday 12:30 if that helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back