Lego

Yay a lego thread! some of mine:
Logon or register to see this image

Disney Castle (the fiance built it!)
Simpsons house (need apus store for next to this)

Star Destroyer
Standard millenium falcon

Xwing red 5
Tumbler
Ghost and Phantom

Death Star
Slave 1
Ghost Bsters firehouse and ecto1
Tie fighter
Little stuff

Modular building series:
Palace cinema
Assembly Square
French Rstaurant
Detectives Office
Bank
All with brickstuff lighting

Cant stop buying it.

spent £300 on a load I'm picking up tonight... divorce on the cards at this rate.

Mrs K is an enabler when it comes to LEGO though. Now and again we go to this place in Lancashire called Bygone Times. It's basically a slightly upmarket car boot, but imagine a car boot which has stalls and properly laid out stands etc. Loads of boutique pods etc. Anyway there's always a couple which have bags, I'm talking like half a kilo bags, of mixed LEGO.
Some of them are smaller and you're looking at £4.50 but I got a few this weekend, about a kilo each (maybe a bit less) for a tenner each.
It's reached the stage where I now have a bloody treasure chest of LEGO.

On the plus side, I could potentially make a replica model of the SoL complete with miserable crowd

cheaper version

Brings a new meaning to "every hole's a goal"

Mrs K is an enabler when it comes to LEGO though. Now and again we go to this place in Lancashire called Bygone Times. It's basically a slightly upmarket car boot, but imagine a car boot which has stalls and properly laid out stands etc. Loads of boutique pods etc. Anyway there's always a couple which have bags, I'm talking like half a kilo bags, of mixed LEGO.
Some of them are smaller and you're looking at £4.50 but I got a few this weekend, about a kilo each (maybe a bit less) for a tenner each.

On the plus side, I could potentially make a replica model of the SoL complete with miserable crowd

Def wad

She's a keeper. This is common knowledge.
I think she's making sure I have enough and then she can build a coffin out of LEGO for me and I wouldn't even notice until the hammer hit me in the temple
I meant the legolass :rolleyes:

Need one more piece to complete that Hogwarts, my lad never did owt with it so i got him a Wii U for it. I spent ages building it up and tracking down missing bricks. Never done anything like this before but it's addictive stuff especially when i bang it on Ebay for £300!!
There are various websites where you can track down obscure pieces. I had to buy a few bits when I helped my lad sell all his old Star Wars models on eBay when he had outgrown all that (I know - but he's a weird kid). We had to build each model up from scratch again in order to ensure all the bits were there which was brilliant fun. It all fetched a decent amount of money anarl, although I got into a bit of an unnecessary ebay argument with one guy who reckoned that the markings on the front of one stormtrooper's tunic were wrong for the vehicle he was in.
I still have the box of all the miscellaneous lego hidden away though but. That's not getting sold off!

loose lego if nowt special sells for about 6-7 quid a kilo

I bought 50 bags of 300gm about lego yesterday... 15 kilos plus in a nice plastic box. all sorted etc for £100

some nice bits in it too. set parts, boats and stuff

loose lego if nowt special sells for about 6-7 quid a kilo

I bought 50 bags of 300gm about lego yesterday... 15 kilos plus in a nice plastic box. all sorted etc for £100

some nice bits in it too. set parts, boats and stuff

Shit me.
That's pretty good. I'm sure I've got all the bits to make a Tie-Fighter - including the proper front window etc.

There's a bunch of useful sites with instructions on them. I just need some time to actually have a crack at stuff!

Shit me.
That's pretty good. I'm sure I've got all the bits to make a Tie-Fighter - including the proper front window etc.

There's a bunch of useful sites with instructions on them. I just need some time to actually have a crack at stuff!

you can print instructions from any lego set from the lego website

the stuff I picked up yesterday has loads of built satr wars sets that I didn't realise came with it. no instructions or minifigures though...

I reckon over £100 of star wars sets as is if sold seperately

Star Destroyer

Xwing red 5
Tumbler
Ghost and Phantom

Death Star
Slave 1
Tie fighter
Little stuff

Modular building series:
Palace cinema
Assembly Square
French Rstaurant
Detectives Office
Bank

the Modulars are brilliant.. got your mini beetle there I see

I was not aware of that. I thought it was just from things like here -
lego.brickinstructions.com/lego_instructions/set/7263/TIE_Fighter

nope all there. I've printed them off a few times

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions?domainredir=service.lego.com

Big boys use Meccano...

People with degrees in engineering use Meccano.

Star Destroyer

Xwing red 5
Tumbler
Ghost and Phantom

Death Star
Slave 1
Tie fighter
Little stuff

Modular building series:
Palace cinema
Assembly Square
French Rstaurant
Detectives Office
Bank

Hate your wallpaper in the first pic marra.

Star Destroyer

Xwing red 5
Tumbler
Ghost and Phantom

Death Star
Slave 1
Tie fighter
Little stuff

Modular building series:
Palace cinema
Assembly Square
French Rstaurant
Detectives Office
Bank

That water bottle is amazingly detailed.

Also, you absolute bastard. I want all of that.
I have LEGO Batman's Arkham Asylum though. That's an amazing kit

Star Destroyer

Xwing red 5
Tumbler
Ghost and Phantom

Death Star
Slave 1
Tie fighter
Little stuff

Modular building series:
Palace cinema
Assembly Square
French Rstaurant
Detectives Office
Bank

the Modulars are brilliant..

To be honest I wasnt really interested in them but she wanted to build the restaurant and watching the build and seeing the level of detail inside and out and how they've used some pretty weird bits to make something different (hte roof detail work on the detective agency for example is made out of robot fists) was great so I got the rest. I think the assembly square might be my favourite ever model for the detail inside, there's a dentist in there with a working dentist chair with articulated light/mirror ffs.

To be honest I wasnt really interested in them but she wanted to build the restaurant and watching the build and seeing the level of detail inside and out and how they've used some pretty weird bits to make something different (hte roof detail work on the detective agency for example is made out of robot fists) was great so I got the rest. I think the assembly square might be my favourite ever model for the detail inside, there's a dentist in there with a working dentist chair with articulated light/mirror ffs.

I have an aim in my head to build a rollercoaster or mad mouse type ride

The Americans I know refer to them as Legos which really pisses me off. Is this incorrect?

Back