Legal restrictions on mixing in households in NE announced by Hancock

So my dad, who lives alone, isn't allowed to go for a pint with his mates at the local. In 2 weeks he can travel with them to Ponteland airport, fly to Greece with them, and have as many as he wants with them while he's there.

Same that someone can work with people in the same office all day, but then can't go for a drink with them after work.

Its all f***ing contradictory bullshit. Either lock us all down or just fuck off and let people get on with it.

Imagine their are people that think that the tories are doing a good job after this shambles man 😂

As said before Labour councils begged for this authority, lets be fair about this.
So my dad, who lives alone, isn't allowed to go for a pint with his mates at the local. In 2 weeks he can travel with them to Ponteland airport, fly to Greece with them, and have as many as he wants with them while he's there.

Same that someone can work with people in the same office all day, but then can't go for a drink with them after work.

Its all f***ing contradictory bullshit. Either lock us all down or just fuck off and let people get on with it.

Just use common sense like I stated back in April when I knew how all this bollocks would pan out and got pelters for suggesting the obvious.

Last edited:

That just about sums up how stupid these new rules are ..... Like you say just all bullshit and confusing

I take it your dad's booked for Greece then?

Just shut wet pubs, until they do that then it's a waste of time anything they do. This is just punishing people who act reasonable - group of 6 friends going for a meal at a Cafe or Restaurant, friends going to the cinema etc. but it's fine for 50 drunk blokes to be pissed up in a social club as long as their shouting at each across tables 1m+ or students to be all in a 'not a club' in Newcastle or Sunderland. Complete joke.

Anyone who says it'll kill the pub trade shutting them - it might but these rules are killing reasonable pubs, all leisure, restaurants, retail and a hell of a lot more.

We might aswell be fully locked down with schools open - it's not exactly any different now for most people and if it gets numbers down quicker then just do it imo.
3% of cases from the last 2 weeks linked to pubs but do crack on

Bizarre how people keep blaming pubs.

Its the easy scapegoat because pubs are also a place people go to enjoy themselves and there seems to be a small element of the public (who probably never usually go much or at all in the first place) who would be happy to see that taken away. The pubs I’ve been in people have largely been adhering to it, especially after they first reopened so it shows they are capable despite it becoming a lot more lax into August (the same as it did everywhere by this point by the way not just in pubs). A lot of people’s jobs and livelihoods depends on the industry so a blanket ban wouldn’t be fair, if anything it should be the pubs who aren’t enforcing it that should be targeted and fined or closed, they’d soon get the picture.

Sick of people whinging like. Just f***ing grow up and use some common sense.
I suppose you’re happy with our civil liberties being slowly eroded? The NE is no worse than any other area so why isn’t the rest of the country subject to these laws?

why isn’t Parliament in charge of making these decisions? Why should boris and the death secretary be allowed to make new laws on a whim?

I suppose you’re happy with our civil liberties being slowly eroded? The NE is no worse than any other area so why isn’t the rest of the country subject to these laws?

why isn’t Parliament in charge of making these decisions? Why should boris and the death secretary be allowed to make new laws on a whim?
Let’s hope the coronavirus act doesn’t get through tomorrow 😫

What is the end game in all of this? Say this vaccine doesn't eliminate the virus, then what? Are we just going to bounce from lockdown to lockdown hoping for the best. It's time we start learning to live the virus rather than it dictating our every day lives. Let people do their own thing, whether that be isolating/shielding or trying to get back to a semblance of normality.

Because our local councillors asked for them.

Of course I’m not happy but literally nobody is. It’s a shit situation but people twisting on and trying to find loopholes or spurious inconsistencies is just boring and childish.

Of course I’m not happy but literally nobody is. It’s a shit situation but people twisting on and trying to find loopholes or spurious inconsistencies is just boring and childish.
Banana republics and dictators introduce laws like this to lock down its population.

We are supposed to be a democracy yet we aren’t even allowed to have the laws debated.

Mira a worrying trend.

As said before Labour councils begged for this authority, lets be fair about this.

Just use common sense like I stated back in April when I knew how all this bollocks would pan out and got pelters for suggesting the obvious.
If this situation has taught us one thing it’s that a huge number of people lack common sense.

What is the end game in all of this? Say this vaccine doesn't eliminate the virus, then what? Are we just going to bounce from lockdown to lockdown hoping for the best. It's time we start learning to live the virus rather than it dictating our every day lives. Let people do their own thing, whether that be isolating/shielding or trying to get back to a semblance of normality.
thats the problem, the goernment havent got an endgame( without vaccine ) everything they come up with is simply a pause button .

Did they? I know they did with the first lot of measures but the suggestion this time is they were introduced without warning.

Back