Leg amputation when having a look about.

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
Has anyone noticed that there is a big increase in people having their leg amputated?

Obviously not all but their seems to be a lot of heroin addicts who end up infected and having to have limbs removed. Me and my Aunt counted 5 in the hospital yesterday one of which had a missing arm and when I have been out in Newcastle for an hour today I’ve just counted 3. Grim stuff that.

Has anyone noticed that there is a big increase in people having their leg amputated?

Obviously not all but their seems to be a lot of heroin addicts who end up infected and having to have limbs removed. Me and my Aunt counted 5 in the hospital yesterday one of which had a missing arm and when I have been out in Newcastle for an hour today I’ve just counted 3. Grim stuff that.
Diabetes has a lot to answer for . The modern diet is killing us.

always loads kicking about the RVI now you mention it. Smoking and diabetes in most cases i'd assume. They always look rough as fuck, never smartly dressed.
And infected leg off repeatedly injecting drugs into the groin. I’d say that must make up 60% of them. Just been reading about it online. Very common apparently.

Diabetes will have a lot to answer for. I'd assume there are lot of former servicemen that have lost limbs since the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq began too.

Not sure about infections from drug use tbh, not something I've heard raised as part of any substance misuse work I've been involved in.

My sister in peterlee’s husband has legs that swell,been told to lay off the ciggies,still puffs away like they are going out of fashion,only a matter of time.
aye I used to work with a bloke who was told the same years ago. Heard he's still smoking like.

Mother in laws husband facing losing his , problem with him was due to surgical neglect at Sunderland Royal though where they trapped his nerve during a op a couple of years ago - poor fella has had years of pain

Diabetes will have a lot to answer for. I'd assume there are lot of former servicemen that have lost limbs since the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq began too.

Not sure about infections from drug use tbh, not something I've heard raised as part of any substance misuse work I've been involved in.
Look it up. I’m telling you there’s f***ing loads of heroin addicts end up this way.

One of my mates only has 1 leg I remember going to the swimming baths with him, he could only swim round in circles.

Look it up. I’m telling you there’s f***ing loads of heroin addicts end up this way.
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying I've heard nothing about it being an issue that's worse than it always has been.

I had a quick look when I read this thread but nothing jumped out.

I know amputations are up because of diabetes though.

I bet they'd give their other leg to get off the streets.
Sadly a lot of these are on the streets through choice. Also now you have to pay your own rent when you’re on universal credit that would go straight on gear so they’ll get turfed straight away.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying I've heard nothing about it being an issue that's worse than it always has been.

I had a quick look when I read this thread but nothing jumped out.

I know amputations are up because of diabetes though.
I know you weren’t mate.

Back