Leftover takeaways

We never have anything left.

I from the school of thought where I will order anything people want in the house, but you eat what you order. No waste.
If someone wimps out of a pizza half way through, the rest is shared out and polished off that night.

We're not a bunch of fatties by any stretch, but I won't order of cook anything that I know won't be finished off.

Rice and chicken can be very dangerous reheated. As they cool, harmless bacteria form on it, but when you reheat it the harmless stuff turn harmful and can make you ill.

Lived in uni halls with a big fat Yorkshire lad who used to get two kebabs after a night out and save one for the morning when all the fat had congealed

I from the school of thought where I will order anything people want in the house, but you eat what you order. No waste.
If someone wimps out of a pizza half way through, the rest is shared out and polished off that night.

We're not a bunch of fatties by any stretch, but I won't order of cook anything that I know won't be finished off.

Rice and chicken can be very dangerous reheated. As they cool, harmless bacteria form on it, but when you reheat it the harmless stuff turn harmful and can make you ill.
you sound like the life and soul of the party, I bet people can't wait to have a takeaway with you:rolleyes:

I'd rather have too much, & save some/bin it, than everyone worried about having a bit more, because there's not enough to go round.

The size of a lot of takeaways I can’t even contemplate eating it all in one sitting people must have massive appetites .
A chow mein from Liking is two huge bowl fulls , a Sunday night special usually the main meals are kept for the Monday night as the rest fills us up , I’ve started buying extra hot and sour soup from Windmill specifically for the freezer , Thai if I have a starter and main then half of the main I have for lunch the next day - it’s not about being cheap or a scratter it’s just buying an occasional takeaway that we really enjoy and don’t want to either waste it or eat til we feel sick

Just about to hoy some leftover carbonara into a pan, got some calzone leftover gannin in the oven and some brand new salad, halloumi fries and some @Clean Bristow Iceland reaper wings. Sensatialardo.

No one over the river seems ever to cook.

You should definitely finish it and if it's something substantial like half left - pouch the next day, but freezing two chicken strands and half a bindi bhaji is sideman activity.

Even Albert Steptoe wouldn't know these bounds.

Surely if you finish it off the following day then there is no waste. Given the cost of a decent takeaway it makes sense to get more than one meal out of it.

Besides, curry always tastes better after a night in the fridge to mature.

I would have agreed. However, cold chips put in an actifry come out fantastic.

Might have to get one.

Feel the need to say, the chips that get thrown out aren’t my chips, they’re the wife’s chips. My chips all get eaten first time round cos I’m git manly and that...

Take a pic, put it on the Sunderland foodies page, say you got it at Jolene's money laundering muck café, wait for the 200 likes and comments of 'unreal', 'tastes clean', etc., then lob it at the bus driver when he stops in St. Leonard Street and see if the morbidly obese driver will waddle out of his seat and contemplate chasing you or having the mystery brunch you landed on his combover.

Or eat it.

Back