Left my stuff in the car for 5 minutes today

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm still astounded by his generosity, he's a Yorkshireman too! :eek:

I'd thought about replacing my lenses so now's my chance.

Going to buy:

EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM

As well as replacing my trusty 50mm f/1.4

There goes that commission cheque.

Great choice, especially the 16-35mm. Although, if you don't plan on upgrading from an EF-S body, did you also look at the 17-55 f/2.8 IS? That would give as good image quality as the 16-35 and you'd get more range.

Out of interest, what made you go for the 70-300 over one of the 70-200 range?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad shit :eek:

At least they still have lethal injections over there

Great choice, especially the 16-35mm. Although, if you don't plan on upgrading from an EF-S body, did you also look at the 17-55 f/2.8 IS? That would give as good image quality as the 16-35 and you'd get more range.

Out of interest, what made you go for the 70-300 over one of the 70-200 range?

I DO plan on going full frame sometime in the not too distant future, so I'm going to stick with EF lenses - they also fit my EOS3 35mm body.

I guess the 300mm rather than 200 is just because I had a 300mm lens before and I liked it a lot, I didn't often use it at the long end but did occasionally, so I'd like to have the option.

I DO plan on going full frame sometime in the not too distant future, so I'm going to stick with EF lenses - they also fit my EOS3 35mm body.

I guess the 300mm rather than 200 is just because I had a 300mm lens before and I liked it a lot, I didn't often use it at the long end but did occasionally, so I'd like to have the option.

Good call on the EF lenses then if FF is around the corner for you . . . .

The new 70-300 does look like a good lens . . . . .I especially like the fact it isnt as physically long as the 70-200 f/4 (and definitely the 70-200 f/2.8!).

My reservation is the aperture at the long end of the 70-300; however, it may be worth accepting 5.6 in order to get an extra 100mm of zoom and less lens length . . . .

well at least post the name and link of the pub so that shoudl we find ourselves in teh vicinity we can give the fella some business...

Houston, TX

I don't think he'll recoup his outlay tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back