Canon ES71II Lens Hood
Canon EF-S 17-85MM f4-5.6 IS USM
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro
Sigma 18-125mm 1:3.5 - 5.6 DC
Sekonic L-358 Flash Master Light Meter
Cactus Wireless Flash Trigger RF604
R-Strap

Pushed under the back seat, someone must have been watching. And now I find it isn't covered on my insurance.

I'm not happy.

Gutted for ya. :-(

Not much use to you, but I heard a statistic a while back where the majority of camera gear that was nicked, was nicked from cars. Used to leave my stuff in the car overnight regularly but never do now, even if I'm in knackered at 3 in the morning after a night shoot.

Hope you get it back, somehow!

Well, I know all the local 2nd hand dealers and pawn shops, as I buy bits of film stuff from them, so they all have a full list with serial numbers, but I'm not hopeful.

I'm normally so damn careful too. My car had no petrol today so I took the truck (no boot) and pushed everything under the back seat. Someone must have seen me I reckon.

$5,400 ish. Plus the cost of replacing the car window.

Anyone know if the RAW file format on an EOS 5D MkII will work with CS4?

I don't feel like shelling out for CS5.

Anyone know if the RAW file format on an EOS 5D MkII will work with CS4?
Works no bother with mine, just the usual Canon .CR2 file I believe, opens via Camera Raw 5.6 in my CS4. Plus the video is tasty from the MkII. :)

Thats bad news, would be my worst nightmare. Keep checking Fleabay tho, ask questions about serial numbers etc. I'd like to think if any of the dealers were offered the gear they would let you know. I wonder if theres a way to search exif data on the likes of flickr or photo bucket to see if anyone starts posting pics up?

Out of interest are you in the north east? apart from Chas Eagles and Bonsers I dont know anywhere else I can get second hand gear, where do you shop?

No, I'm in Houston TX.

The owner of the pub where my car was parked has promised to replace the camera for me today so that helps a bit.

I'm still out about $3k though. Luckily the stuff I shot yesterday was just buildings and abstract stuff so I didn't lose anything important - it could have been a commercial shoot. Then I'd be really stuffed.

No, I'm in Houston TX.

The owner of the pub where my car was parked has promised to replace the camera for me today so that helps a bit.

I'm still out about $3k though. Luckily the stuff I shot yesterday was just buildings and abstract stuff so I didn't lose anything important - it could have been a commercial shoot. Then I'd be really stuffed.

Thats very decent of the pub owner, good that you didnt lose any work related stuff too but still its not nice losing stuff.

And had the whole effing lot stolen:

Lowepro Microtrekker 200
Canon EOS 50D Body
Diffuser for 430EX
Hoya 67mm PL-CIR
Hoya 58mm PL-CIR
Hoya 62mm PL-CIR
Hoya 62mm Skylight
Hoya 58mm UV (0)
Hoya 67mm UV(0)
Speedlite 430EX
Canon EW-73B Hood
Canon ES71II Lens Hood
Canon EF-S 17-85MM f4-5.6 IS USM
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro
Sigma 18-125mm 1:3.5 - 5.6 DC
Sekonic L-358 Flash Master Light Meter
Cactus Wireless Flash Trigger RF604
R-Strap

Pushed under the back seat, someone must have been watching. And now I find it isn't covered on my insurance.

I'm not happy.
Ouch...having said that its cheaper than divorce ;)

Well.

Went to the pub today and the owner presented me with a brand new camera. He wasn't able to find a 50D so bought me a 7D and a 28-135 lens to go with it.

He also gave me a gift card for $500.

My weekend is getting better.

Well.

Went to the pub today and the owner presented me with a brand new camera. He wasn't able to find a 50D so bought me a 7D and a 28-135 lens to go with it.

Blimey - that's really generous! :)

Well.

I was just about to post saying 'oh tough luck', but seeing this post I can now say 'ah, nice one :)'

Hopefully that'll go some way towards your loss, and gives you the excuse to choose some new kit.

The 7D is a great camera body, and I would really recommend shelling out on the 17-55 f/2.8 lens to go with it.

Well.

That bloke sounds like an absolute toff.

That's terrible news, with slightly better news to follow.

I'm so sorry, I would be furious if it happened to me.

Sorry to hear that marra, but nice to see it has a bit of a happy ending at least.

Wow, he must have got quite a bit when he sold your old kit ;)

Either that or you must be his best customer and keeping him in business!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back