Left Handed Handshake

Who's offering left handed handshakes?
My fatha always made sure to tell me that there's three things to remember when shaking a blokes hand.
1) Stand up
2) Look them in the eyes when greeting them.
3) Offer a firm, solid (RIGHT) hand.

Is there anything that's more off-putting when meeting a bloke than if they offer their hand out as if it was a piece of warm, 3 day old lettuce?

I wonder why man did not develop the custom to shake the opposite hand of the wanking hand? Makes sense to me because you never know if someone has just pulled their plud beforehand?

How many stumps :eek: have you shook out of interest?
One here. Got me every time he did.

Cheers for the input anyway.

I was sat, he was leaving and we weren’t really going to shake hands but he went for it. Was still impressed with my responsiveness and grip.

That is just bad manners, provided , of course, that the right hand is either missing or obviously damaged. If this is the case, I would then extend my left hand to avoid awkward manoeuvres.
I also don’t like if, being introduced to a seated man, they remain seated to shake hands. Again, bad manners. Ladies can remain seated. I am very old school on this, you can only make a first impression once.
Don't so much mind the seated handshake if it's very informal Eg we're both in a pub and a mutual says "skan this is churcy" wouldn't expect you to get up. If it's business or formal always

Happened to me last year at work.

Customer visit and the bloke stuck his left hand out, I put my right hand out.

He sort of nodded to his hand and looked back at me. I just withdrew my hand and sat down.

After the customers had left, my boss said I was disrespectful. I said the bloke was a cock and shouldn't be allowed out amongst decent people.

We agreed to disagree.

Back