Leek and onion pudding

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pweller

Just made it in a microwave, only 10 mins cooking time and it tastes great.

I'm shocked at the amount of hours I've wasted steaming them in the past.

Ingredients:
3-4 leeks
1 large onion
butter
4 rashers bacon [I note for Americans, this is back bacon –ed]
8 oz self-raising flour
4 oz suet
1 egg
salt
pepper

Method:
Chops leeks & onion and place in a microwavable bowl with several knobs of butter. Cover with clingfilm and microwave on full for 8-10 minutes. Shake halfway through.

Fry the bacon and chop into pieces. Mix this in with the leeks and onions when they’ve finished cooking.

Mix the self-raising flour with the suet and salt & pepper. Add the egg, and sufficient water to make a pastry-like dough. If it gets too sticky add a little more flour.

Set aside a small amount of dough for the lid, then roll out the rest to a circle on a well-floured work surface (it will be fairly sticky).

Line a microwaveable pudding basin with the dough and add the bacon, leek and onion mixture. Roll out the dough for the lid, and place on top of the pudding folding over the edges so it is sealed.

Microwave on full for 8-10 minutes and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.

Serve with mashed potatoes & gravy. Makes four servings, and will re-heat well.

http://www.tinelife.net/2011/02/12/margaret’s-mother-in-law’s-leek-pudding/

Sounds canny nice like, but it looks like it would be the whole of your recommended calorie intake for a day in one meal, and maybe a bit more :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back