Leeds Trinity University Afraid of Capital Letters

Aituk7

Striker
Staff at Leeds Trinity University, in Horsforth, have been told to avoid using capital letters in communication with students.

In a memo sent to the university’s school of journalism department, it asks lecturers to not use uppercase letters in a letter which talks about causing anxiety.

The letter asks lecturers to “generally, avoid using capital letters for emphasis” and to “avoid a tone that stresses the difficulty or the high-stakes nature of the task.”

Other requests include overusing the words 'do' and 'don't' and to write in a 'helpful, warm tone, avoiding officious language and negative instructions.

Leeds Trinity University responds to "BAN" on capital letters

ENOUGH SAID.... oh sorry.... I meant enough said.

This f***ing country man... :lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like another bullshit story but if the is a scintilla of truth in it, whoever wrote the memo should be sacked on the spot.
It was on Good Morning Britain and is in plenty of media outlets.

Basically their defence was similar to the manchester uni one and the no clapping.

They said it's only guidelines and not a ban.

Well in most workplaces guidelines are meant to be followed, so what happens if you don't? And if you aren't supposed to follow guidelines what's the point in sending them out at all?

............:rolleyes:

For clarity, the memo was written by a course leader, they might line manage a handful of people if they're lucky, it is quite clearly not a University wide practice.

Academics are academics, they tend to live in their own bubble.

I wouldn't get too worked up over the issue.

Is the point not to use capitals for emphasis because it's lazy writing, not that it triggers panic in more sensitive souls? Italics are the way forward, reach back to advance!

Staff at Leeds Trinity University, in Horsforth, have been told to avoid using capital letters in communication with students.

In a memo sent to the university’s school of journalism department, it asks lecturers to not use uppercase letters in a letter which talks about causing anxiety.

The letter asks lecturers to “generally, avoid using capital letters for emphasis” and to “avoid a tone that stresses the difficulty or the high-stakes nature of the task.”

Other requests include overusing the words 'do' and 'don't' and to write in a 'helpful, warm tone, avoiding officious language and negative instructions.

Leeds Trinity University responds to "BAN" on capital letters

ENOUGH SAID.... oh sorry.... I meant enough said.

This f***ing country man... :lol::lol::lol:
Are you the Lord Rowell reincarnated ? 2 pc university threads in a row.. You will be telling us next youre an autodidact ;):lol:

For clarity, the memo was written by a course leader, they might line manage a handful of people if they're lucky, it is quite clearly not a University wide practice.

Academics are academics, they tend to live in their own bubble.

I wouldn't get too worked up over the issue.
It is hilarious though.

Are you the Lord Rowell reincarnated ? 2 pc university threads in a row.. You will be telling us next youre an autodidact ;):lol:
The lord rowell? Never heard of him.

There is a @THELORDRODWELL but I shudder at the memories of that parasite (the player not the poster ;))

Back