Leeds/Reading Festival Lineup

Fair enough. Looks to me that both lineups are full of the most popular acts of the day suggesting that the booking hasn't really changed a great deal.
The equivalent of that 2017 line up in 2001 would have been someone like Britney Speares and Westlife headlining I'd say.

Those sort of acts didn't play festivals because festivals weren't aimed at their fanbases. Since then festivals have become increasingly more popular/mainstream so it makes sense for the equivalent main pop acts to play them and for festival organisers to put them on the bill.

The equivalent of that 2017 line up in 2001 would have been someone like Britney Speares and Westlife headlining I'd say.

Those sort of acts didn't play festivals because festivals weren't aimed at their fanbases. Since then festivals have become increasingly more popular/mainstream so it makes sense for the equivalent main pop acts to play them and for festival organisers to put them on the bill.

100% this. The newly arrived in middle age bunch who don't go to Leeds need to get used to the new reality. Go to kendal calling instead. It's fantastic.

I can't tell if Leeds/Reading has become absolute dogshit, or whether I've gotten to the age where I just don't know what modern mainstream music is.

I've heard of in total, 11 bands there.

Agreed. I'd say I've heard of five, but only know songs by two (maybe I can't use plural with Papa Roach though...).

That Leeds / Reading lineup is pretty crud when compared to this year's Donington

Logon or register to see this image
Thrice? Poor band. Luckily they headlined the co-headlining tour with Coheed & Cambria so I left after a couple of songs.

Last edited:

Back