Lee Lee Lee

He got booked for a foul that nobody else would have been booked for. Booked for being Lee Cattermole.

I assume you're taking the piss.

I swear the ref wasn’t going to bother them he suddenly realised who it was and booked him :lol:

It was the clearest booking ever.

There's the odd time when he's passed the ball backwards when everyone else is looking to go forward. Not being critical, just an observation from what happened tonight. In the previous game he was pointing to the guy in possession (Power?) to pass it back, and instead the player knocked it forward, which led to a goal. I know Cattermole is defensive, but I'd like to see him take a risk going forward now and then. Have been impressed with his attitude considering the stuff going on behind the scenes.

I'm quite happy with him doing that, if it shows he knows his limits. As soon as he thinks he's got Max Power's range of passing it starts going awry for him.

At his best, Cattermole is a lower mid table PL midfielder.
So when fit I'd expect him to shine at this level.
Three games in a row he's been excellent.
I'm not sure why some posters have an issue with that. It's to out benefit.

His best was several years ago though, so not sure how that's relevant.

Last edited:
He played like a top player would play in the Prem, sat, dictated and controlled everything including himself. I was worried when he got carded, but then you realise that, despite his bad rep, he’s nowhere near as bad as perceived.

Wish his form could pave the way to redeeming himself for the situation he’s in regarding the agent. Unfortunately my ideal dream world would have him getting us promoted and signing a deal halving his wages.

Just hope when he leaves we get a good deal.

Cattermole is not 100% fit and never will be for the rest of his career. The fact he can still put in man of the match performances is amazing really. I still can't believe that some posters dislike him as much as Rodwell.

I said he played well, doesn’t make up for the shite he’s been serving up for years, you don’t seem to want acknowledge that fact.
Not one person has said it has made up for anything man you dopey herbert. He played well. People have said so. Some people (YOU) are struggling to just accept he played well, there's always a "played well but..."

Some Posters would be happy if he was muck in the games. If he stays he will be an asset if he continues to play like that and will give everything for the jersey. Just be happy he putting in decent performances while he is here.

He was booked for it and it was in the first half, it just needed another silly tackle and off.

Oh ffs, if me auntie had balls she would be my uncle

Players get booked, if it was another playing would ya say the same thing about them?

I swear the ref wasn’t going to bother them he suddenly realised who it was and booked him :lol:

He does seem to get more cards cause of his reputation. I reckon if you sat a panel of refs down and showed them replays of all his cards and blurred out who he was they would not give him a decent percentage.

Some players get two or three goes before a card, he gets it first time. Then ya get players like Gerrard, he had 9 lives that twat.

Last edited:
He was brilliant tonight, looks a class act at this level and just hope he stays fit (always an issue) and keeps it up. tough in the tackle, good awareness and pinging balls around as he has been the last few weeks.

Found his interview after the game really interesting, would love to know what he really thinks of whats gone on at the club, and i don't doubt he is a bit resentful towards the supporters for some of the grief he has had. The interviewer stayed clear from the usual statements about the 'magnificent support'.

on side note i saw them all eating pizza on the bus on social media, not something you see often these days. Lets hope they all stay out the boozer and we dont go back to square one
poor sod ! £70, £60,£50,£40k per week for his contribution over the past seasons and HE'S resentful ??

Had a good game again.

Some absolute donkeys on here, especially at the start of the season :lol: nice to see some changing their tune.

Not his fault we can't afford his wages. We signed that big fat contract. Sure he was part of the team that took us down and put us in this position, but we should have had a clause in to reduce them if that happened.

He is just getting on with his job, giving it everything like he always has and doing pretty well at the moment.

Can't believe I'm saying this but Ross seems to have managed him superbly and it's looking like a good decision to bring him back into the fold.

This.

I’d defended Catts for years, but I ran out of steam last season. I genuinely thought he was finished.

Ross is also managing the players superbly imo. Great to see

Absolutely nowt these days and he's playing in League one. I have no problems with his performances so far, he's been OK but the money he's on says we should be rid of him asap and invest in a few kids we can attempt to develop on in readiness for the championship as not too many of our current squad look capable of making the step up.

Based on this argument, non of our players can be classed as outstanding this season, as they're all playing in League One.

For the level we are at, his performance's are far exceeding the league (as they should), and therefore for the league and the opposition we are playing you could argue that they have been outstanding. Wouldn't go that far with the praise personally, but this argument of 'he's playing in League One' doesn't wash

Back