Lee Lee Lee

Had a good game overall, however I counted 5 consecutive back passes at one stage, when he was under no pressure at all for about 4 of them, but as long as we keep winning it’s immaterial, I just wanted more goals!

Any way enough of all this frivolity. I have had a good day, enjoyed a great result, banz, and am now going to try and get some zzzz on the coach.
PS I am just taking my tongue out of my cheek before l choke on it.

Maybe just maybe Catts is not a bad guy, and he just struggled with injuries, perhaps still plays in pain. Perhaps he deserves a break from the critics.

Still prefers to go back than forward when he has the option to do so. Tidy lately but not outstanding I think McGeoch could provide that extra dimension.

Agree with this...he has been tidy, he also prefers to go back and play safe. The goal against Scunthorpe where there was a long ball ( Oviedo pass??) to Gooch, who trapped it and went around his man and picked out McGuire for the goal....Cattermole was pointing to him to pass it back. No agenda for or against Cattermole with this post, just an observation.

Agree with this...he has been tidy, he also prefers to go back and play safe. The goal against Scunthorpe where there was a long ball ( Oviedo pass??) to Gooch, who trapped it and went around his man and picked out McGuire for the goal....Cattermole was pointing to him to pass it back. No agenda for or against Cattermole with this post, just an observation.

Max Power played the diagonal ball you're on about.

There's the odd time when he's passed the ball backwards when everyone else is looking to go forward. Not being critical, just an observation from what happened tonight. In the previous game he was pointing to the guy in possession (Power?) to pass it back, and instead the player knocked it forward, which led to a goal. I know Cattermole is defensive, but I'd like to see him take a risk going forward now and then. Have been impressed with his attitude considering the stuff going on behind the scenes.
There was one pass he made late on tonight that was perfectly weighted towards ONien. I was half expecting a lightning turn and score from the supersub but it wasnt to be.

Not his greatest fan as I've said numerous times but Catts was superb tonight, stupid tackle aside.

It’s how the new gaffer wants him to play man :lol:
THis^^
I've never been a fan of Catts, but Jack has looked at him and seen something that the team needs. He can't run anymore, but he can move the ball about the midfield while others do the leg-work and he is always full of encouragement for the kids. Wild tackles and banging the ball into touch across the field are hopefully a thing of the past.

Which he helped us find last season

Get a life number one super guy.
Catts has never hid, what ever the performance level or fitness.
If he helped us find this level he’s no different to players from the nine relegations I think it I’ve witnessed. Plenty of established players went on to be admired in following seasons....players like Bolton, Kerr, Siddell, Gates, Bennett three times, Ball twice, Bracewell twice, Marcus Stewart, Arca, Whitehead, Collins.

He was brilliant tonight, looks a class act at this level and just hope he stays fit (always an issue) and keeps it up. tough in the tackle, good awareness and pinging balls around as he has been the last few weeks.

Found his interview after the game really interesting, would love to know what he really thinks of whats gone on at the club, and i don't doubt he is a bit resentful towards the supporters for some of the grief he has had. The interviewer stayed clear from the usual statements about the 'magnificent support'.

on side note i saw them all eating pizza on the bus on social media, not something you see often these days. Lets hope they all stay out the boozer and we dont go back to square one

Back