Lee Johnsy

never did for Ross, Parky etc

It would have done for Ross if we'd persisted with him.

While Parkinson was the wrong choice from the beginning, he did have that good spell after Christmas but things went tits up after we lost Bailey Wright for the season. Had he not got injured, we probably would have got at least a playoff spot by the time the season was curtailed.

How much do you think he’s responsible for the recent good run? Must admit early doors I thought he seemed a bit too much like Parkinson the way we were picking results up but we seem to have turned a corner and he’s worked wonders on Wyke.

He would have certainly been the fall man if results weren’t going our way, so surely he deserves the praise for the improvement.

I quite like him, unlike many on this board, I think he speaks well...

We didn’t beatLincoln over 90 mins snd the other 3 bogey teams or not they were all very poor so am not joining in this love in with LJ just yet , I watched that first half last night and we were impotent in football terms, maybe it will all come together with better players , this lot don’t inspire confidence.

We didn't just beat lincoln over 90 mins, we thumped them 4-0 at their place. And we've scored 3 or more goals in matches 5 times since his arrival. If you're not impressed at this stage, I'm not certain you ever will be.

Johnsons team compared to Parkinsons team is like chalk and cheese

He would have certainly been the fall man if results weren’t going our way, so surely he deserves the praise for the improvement.

I quite like him, unlike many on this board, I think he speaks well...

I also think he's a likable positive person, yes he can be a cringey at times in his interviews but at least he has some character.

I've never really warmed to Ross, the less said about Moyes, Parky & Grayson the better! Coleman talked well, but could never back that up with his team performance well or getting results.

I also think he's a likable positive person, yes he can be a cringey at times in his interviews but at least he has some character.

I've never really warmedy to Rossy, the lessy saidy abouty Moyesy, Parky & Graysony the bettery! Colemany talkedy welly, but could nevery backy thaty upy withy hisy teamy performancey welly or getting resultsy.
:rolleyes: sorted for you.

Dont think he has had a fully fit squad to work with yet so he has managed that quite well so far.
Things can only get better

It would have done for Ross if we'd persisted with him.

While Parkinson was the wrong choice from the beginning, he did have that good spell after Christmas but things went tits up after we lost Bailey Wright for the season. Had he not got injured, we probably would have got at least a playoff spot by the time the season was curtailed.

wrong! Both Ross and Parky were in decline by the time they left. Giving them more time would only have made things worse. Just like at Newcastle, Bruce started well like many managers but once he hits the skids it is about how long you leave him before pulling the trigger. Once you go that far they never turn it around.

wrong! Both Ross and Parky were in decline by the time they left. Giving them more time would only have made things worse. Just like at Newcastle, Bruce started well like many managers but once he hits the skids it is about how long you leave him before pulling the trigger. Once you go that far they never turn it around.

Parkinson was yes, I agree but we were 5th in the league when we sacked Ross after only 10 games with a weaker team from the previous season and the pressure from the owners over aiming for 100 points.

I'm sure Ross would have improved things had he been give the chance because he seems like an intelligent manager. As for Parkinson, the less said the better.

Parkinson was yes, I agree but we were 5th in the league when we sacked Ross after only 10 games with a weaker team from the previous season and the pressure from the owners over aiming for 100 points.

I'm sure Ross would have improved things had he been give the chance because he seems like an intelligent manager. As for Parkinson, the less said the better.

Ross was the better of the 2 but the way he bottled the Checkatrade And play off finals showed he could not manage any higher.

Back