Lee Johnsy

Drexl

Winger
How much do you think he’s responsible for the recent good run? Must admit early doors I thought he seemed a bit too much like Parkinson the way we were picking results up but we seem to have turned a corner and he’s worked wonders on Wyke.

How much do you think he’s responsible for the recent good run? Must admit early doors I thought he seemed a bit too much like Parkinson the way we were picking results up but we seem to have turned a corner and he’s worked wonders on Wyke.

There lies the problem right there with some fans. "Must admit early doors I thought he seemed a bit too much like Parkinson"

Too quick to judge and write players and managers off.

Time, patience, man management and confidence and things come right.

There lies the problem right there with some fans. "Must admit early doors I thought he seemed a bit too much like Parkinson"

I only thought it to myself, not like I was battering down the front door of the stadium shouting it. You’re the problem. Always looking to blame other fans.

He’s nothing like that dour twat we had before mind.

I only thought it to myself, not like I was battering down the front door of the stadium shouting it. You’re the problem. Always looking to blame other fans.

No, I'm only looking to give the people in the important roles the time and patience to get it right and not expect to win every game 4-0.

He had a troubled start and he made some mistakes but unlike some of our previous managers he seems to have learned from his mistakes and made changes. Still too early to say the impact he'll have but there are definitely positives.

What has been massive is him reconciling things with McGeady, his return to form has been invaluable, easily the best player in the league.

He was never anything like parkinson, you could see from the start of his reign how many players were trying to get into thhe box when we were attacking, we just struggled at times creating and scoring chances. Now its coming together more, you can see the players are now playing how he wants them too for larger portions of the game rather than just 20-30min spells

100% is.

We have a recognisable style of play that isn't slow, one paced crab football. The players have clearly bought into it too. Getting a tune out of a fair few players who we thought may not be good enough, the likes of Wyke and Conor Mc (hasn't he looked the part recently!).

One thing I've noticed, and maybe I'm just playing in to stereotypes but the players seem to be trying more stuff under Johnson, ie flicks, backheels, taking players on individually.

They certainly seem to be playing with more freedom.

LJ and the DoF are a winning combo. We're seeing consistent and purposeful performances out there; every player knows their job. On this form we're going up and still loads of games to go.

Exactly...it took Parky a good few games to get the team to gel on arrival....but once he did he looked like he was going to take us up....only to blow it spectacularly

Massively. He’s signed some new players but they haven’t played a great deal so we can’t put it down to them.

Either his tactics, or his motivating skills, have made a difference. He also brought McGeady straight back.

We didn’t beatLincoln over 90 mins snd the other 3 bogey teams or not they were all very poor so am not joining in this love in with LJ just yet , I watched that first half last night and we were impotent in football terms, maybe it will all come together with better players , this lot don’t inspire confidence.

Back