Lee Johnsons Red and White Army

Ok, doesn't role off the tongue granted, but let's support the bloke. The alternative is heap more negativity on to the web for everyone to pick up.

His mission is to get us promotion then stabilize us in championship where he will either develop into a premier league manager or leave. He will also play the best young players where suitable and work with the academy.

BCFC fans seem to think we will get 2 good seasons out of him, he changes formations regularly and is very close with our Aussie in defence, I'm sure BW played his part in recruitment.

Let's draw and end to the ITK's vs the Told you so's and pulp together. Be have a fragmented fan base and we are stronger together.

Let's hope grigg can catch fire.

Sorry but you can't hide behind the fact that it's the least ambitious appointment possible out of the list we've seen. It's a poor appointment that does nothing to get the fans onside.

How can you judge already? Poyet was shite at the end. Pearson will only join in champ. I'd prefer cowleys like but fans also sidnt get them either. We arent loaded - we want attacking footy and Johnson plays it. Johnson is full of himself so that will only carry so long. We have hired championship quality managers and academy staff while in a division nobody wants to work in. Nobody wants 3rd tier. Tell me one manager of note who has recently..........

Sorry but you can't hide behind the fact that it's the least ambitious appointment possible out of the list we've seen. It's a poor appointment that does nothing to get the fans onside.
Even in the Echo poll he came last out of Cowley, Cook and himself. It's like they want to piss us off even more than they have before! Parky and Grayson level of enthusiasm for this one unfortunately, if fans had been allowed in how would it have gone down today at the match? Lead balloon ...

Even in the Echo poll he came last out of Cowley, Cook and himself. It's like they want to piss us off even more than they have before! Parky and Grayson level of enthusiasm for this one unfortunately, if fans had been allowed in how would it have gone down today at the match? Lead balloon ...

The Cowleys and Cook have actually achieved something in their managerial career...

How do you know how well they interviewed. Are you saying we, the fans, should do the recruitment? If the fans did the recruitment, we would have Phillip's and ball, and be relegated.
The Cowleys and Cook have actually achieved something in their managerial career...

So has Parkinson, what difference did that make? He was unfashionable so doomed...

We have no choice but to give him time.

However, another poor decision by the club.

We either go get a name or go for the best up and coming manager out there.

We go for neither...a mid table plodder. Must have done a good interview.

We never ever learn.

How is it the least ambitious Cowleys play long ball 3 at the back you can only have people who want then job the director of football isn’t for everyone

How do you know how well they interviewed. Are you saying we, the fans, should do the recruitment? If the fans did the recruitment, we would have Phillip's and ball, and be relegated.

So has Parkinson, what difference did that make? He was unfashionable so doomed...

The Cowleys are young, try to learn and innovate and were on an upward trajectory before being dumped by Huddersfield.

Still wouldn't exactly have gotten the pulse racing but would have been a lot better than someone who has achieved nothing but mid and lower table mediocrity.
How is it the least ambitious Cowleys play long ball 3 at the back you can only have people who want then job the director of football isn’t for everyone

Our most popular managers have all played direct. Poyet aside, who wasn't exactly well thought of when he left.

The Cowleys also adapt, it's not all 'long ball'.

Last edited:
The club seems to be heading in a new direction with the changes that are coming, and if Johnson fits into their plan/structure, then I’ll happily wait and see how it goes.

He wasn’t my first choice by any stretch, in fact he probably wouldn’t have been in my top five, but let’s give him a chance.

I’m firmly in the ‘surely he can’t be worse than Parkinson’ camp.

KTF

We have no option but get behind him.
Loads of big kids on here spitting their dummies out behind a keyboard.

He seems to be quite good at what we need next season which is finishing mid table in the championship. Based on that it could be a good move.

Let's see if he can improve on this season so far (shouldn't be hard) and get us out of this league.

Richie Wellens or Ryan Lowe.
Two superb up and coming Managers, great football and both winners.

Lee Johnson - Just can’t get my head around it, however clearly has something to offer. Some of his press conferences though :)

How do you know we would be relegated? I'm saying the fans were asked and he wasn't there choice because of his mediocre record and bullshitter reputation, like Parky he starts off on the back foot because he's not of the calibre of manager we require and expect, it shouldn't come as a surprise because if you have half a brain you look into social media and the forums and the local paper polls and realise this! It's not 'mag-esque' to expect the best available for the club we love, accepting shite we knew was shite before they even arrive is part of the reason we are where we are, this is the same club who appointment Wilko after asking him for a recommendation remember, we have a history of idiotic decisions! I would absolutely love to be proven wrong obviously, but after backing every useless appointment till it was clear they were indeed useless I'll not hold my breath....
We have no option but get behind him.
Loads of big kids on here spitting their dummies out behind a keyboard.

He seems to be quite good at what we need next season which is finishing mid table in the championship. Based on that it could be a good move.

Let's see if he can improve on this season so far (shouldn't be hard) and get us out of this league.
One job, get us up which shouldn't be as difficult as shit managers make it look.

Last edited:
The Cowleys are young, try to learn and innovate and were on an upward trajectory before being dumped by Huddersfield.

Still wouldn't exactly have gotten the pulse racing but would have been a lot better than someone who has achieved nothing but mid and lower table mediocrity.

Our most popular managers have all played direct. Poyet aside, who wasn't exactly well thought of when he left.

The Cowleys also adapt, it's not all 'long ball'.
Your assuming they wanted the job
As long as Parkinson’s gone and we start using the academy I’m happy

Last edited:
He doesn't need to be the next Klopp. All he has to do is to get our dummies on the pitch playing something close enough to being called football and get us promoted, nothing more. After the dire Parkinson era that will do me.

Back