Lee Johnson Masterclass

I think if Ross had managed in empty stadiums we would have been promoted. We all know you can cut the air in the SOL with a knife, particularly when trying to hang on to a lead. Not blaming the fans, just no wonder inexperienced managers would lose the plot in that high-pressure environment.
Hopefully Johnson's obvious ego is big enough to back himself even when the crowds come back.

I know it's the new thing to slag him off but I can't see what he's done wrong there!

PS I'm not keen on the appointment either

I think if Ross had managed in empty stadiums we would have been promoted. We all know you can cut the air in the SOL with a knife, particularly when trying to hang on to a lead. Not blaming the fans, just no wonder inexperienced managers would lose the plot in that high-pressure environment.
Hopefully Johnson's obvious ego is big enough to back himself even when the crowds come back.

That doesn't really wash tho does it? On that theory, Parkinson has plenty of experience and has had an empty stadium this season for him and the players to push on. Its nothing to do with crowds, its about sticking to your beliefs in how you want your team to play.

If you're going to lose the plot under pressure, then football management is probably the wrong career to be in.

That doesn't really wash tho does it? On that theory, Parkinson has plenty of experience and has had an empty stadium this season for him and the players to push on. Its nothing to do with crowds, its about sticking to your beliefs in how you want your team to play.

If you're going to lose the plot under pressure, then football management is probably the wrong career to be in.

But Parkinson was defensive from the get go. There wasn't much more attacking edge to lose with 2 midfielders not passing the halfway line.

I agree with your second point but having been to see st mirren, there is a big difference. He won't be the last deer in the headlights at the SOL.

remember when pf was littered with YouTube tactic talks from the dour jock mate. the ross rimmers and sycophants of that ilk lap shit like that up like catmilk iirc

Started becoming more negative in the December. Hung on to win 1-0 at home against Bradford on Boxing Day in front of 46000.

Given the crowd we attracted that day and everyone being in good spirits after a few bevvies the performance was f***ing criminal.

Back