Lee Johnson Masterclass

JR started off attacking but got scared as time went on. Let's give this geezer s chance.

I'm just saying these videos are bollocks mate.

I've already posted on a few threads that Johnson will get my backing and I hope he's a success here. It's just shit like this inevitably comes back to haunt managers. Its also very easy to have a philosophy and talk about how you'd like to play, its another thing trying to implement it.

Ultimately, talk is cheap.

This. Jack Ross was absolutely fine until he lost his nerve. Hopefully this fella can see the job out.

Incredibly ironic that the Barnsley home game was the one that ruined him. Was probably our best result under him and the first half hour that night was probably the best we've looked in our time in League One but the way Barnsley threatened to come back really unnerved him and he went noticeably more cautious after that.

Incredibly ironic that the Barnsley home game was the one that ruined him. Was probably our best result under him and the first half hour that night was probably the best we've looked in our time in League One but the way Barnsley threatened to come back really unnerved him and he went noticeably more cautious after that.
It shouldnt have unnerved him cos Barnsley were a decent side ...as they proved by going up

Ultimately proving Ross wasn't the right man for the job by not sticking to his 'Masterclass' philosophy videos.

My point being, these videos are little other than a bit of self promotion and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:
These videos mean fuck all.

Jack Ross made some, yet the way he takes about his side playing football, and what we ended up with was chalk n cheese.
Not sure what happened to Ross. When he was fresh faced from st mirren he was saying his philosophy was to attack: overlaps, width, always looking to win the game etc.

So either he was talking bollocks or he just lost the plot at safc.

Those two Wembley performances summed up Ross. Take the lead, sit back and hope.

Hopefully johnson will stick to his principals

Spot-on

Did he mention Luke Steele , ex Man Utd player? Not the "Careless hands" Luke Steele?
Jason Steele was the goalkeeper that played for us. Luke Steele was on the under the cosh podcast recently and he said Lee Johnson was a modern day manager who liked to pass it out from the back.

Started becoming more negative in the December. Hung on to win 1-0 at home against Bradford on Boxing Day in front of 46000.
Just proves that the job was too big for him, if you have principles and a philosophy on how the game should be played you should stick with them, it's why he was employed ffs, he let himself and us down.

Back