Lee Johnson deal officially done

reckon you'll have plenty backers if you started one now never mind in a years time like :lol:
To be fair I hope Johnson does well and my negativity can be bumped in the future. I think major scepticism regarding the club is to be expected and certainly not ridiculous at all. On paper Johnson does not look good but the key is obviously the support he'll get from the Sporting Director. If Johnson doesn't get us promoted this year it will be yet another missed opportunity from our clueless owners. Today he has a great chance to start well - even though he won't have much to do with it. I'll be delighted to say I was wrong about him.

He sounded very positive on safc.com. But then every manager comes out with the same “excited to be here”, “I was attracted by the vision”, “I want to play attractive football” spiel. But I sense this is different to Parkinson.

Plus he is going to be in charge. Bonus.

Who will his assistant be?

He wouldn't have been my choice, but....he's our new manager and I wish him well and hope he succeeds. He needs to be given a chance and, as some have already pointed out, he speaks well and seems to have a plan. I suspect that this is all tied in with the new owners, but time will tell. In the meantime, I look forward to the match today as he will have had a little input into the team. A new era I hope.

Well, he wouldn’t be many peoples first choice - but I hope he does well.
He wouldn't have been my choice, but....he's our new manager and I wish him well and hope he succeeds. He needs to be given a chance and, as some have already pointed out, he speaks well and seems to have a plan. I suspect that this is all tied in with the new owners, but time will tell. In the meantime, I look forward to the match today as he will have had a little input into the team. A new era I hope.
Fingers crossed.

To be fair I hope Johnson does well and my negativity can be bumped in the future. I think major scepticism regarding the club is to be expected and certainly not ridiculous at all. On paper Johnson does not look good but the key is obviously the support he'll get from the Sporting Director. If Johnson doesn't get us promoted this year it will be yet another missed opportunity from our clueless owners. Today he has a great chance to start well - even though he won't have much to do with it. I'll be delighted to say I was wrong about him.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Good luck to the new recruits and the team just chosen for today’s match is a pleasant change to the predominantly defensive minded abomination the other night versus Burton Albion.
Even if you don’t agree with the new managerial appointment let’s get behind the club and get out of this fcuking backwater division.
SAFC OK

Never heard of him, another backward step if true. Just looked at his record at previous clubs and I am not impressed.
If you are an ancient like me,what did you think of Stokoes previous records.I was in the Howard arms when news of his appointment came through,murders were on the cards.So he wasn't my choice but who knows,soon find out

If you are an ancient like me,what did you think of Stokoes previous records.I was in the Howard arms when news of his appointment came through,murders were on the cards.So he wasn't my choice but who knows,soon find out
See your point, but I look back at what happened with the 4 previous managers. Yes, I am very ancient.:lol:

Nearly all his backroom staff are still with us, the exception being Jamie McAllister who left just after he did, was rumoured to be getting the managers job at Gloucester City in the National League North, but is apparently joining back up with LJ.

possibly a good thing he can’t bring his staff with him. Get the impression he’a more a cog in the machine here, rather than running the show. Obviously would be good to have some support around him who he trusts but bringing them all would fly in the face of him being head coach rather than manager.

Back