Lee Johnson deal officially done

Whilst he is currently proving a lot of people wrong (myself massively included) less than 1% of this board wanted him in a poll. :lol:
I’m still not getting carried away. There was a point that we were having the same conversations about Parkinson. I still worry about some of the performances. There’s been more bad than good but we’ve got quality in the squad that’s dragging us through.

I do think he’s improving individual players though, wyke in particular obviously. At the moment things are good so hopefully he will keep this spell up. I do quite like him.

I’m still not getting carried away. There was a point that we were having the same conversations about Parkinson. I still worry about some of the performances. There’s been more bad than good but we’ve got quality in the squad that’s dragging us through.

I do think he’s improving individual players though, wyke in particular obviously. At the moment things are good so hopefully he will keep this spell up. I do quite like him.
Difference is though we are now getting results where under Psrkinsin we weren't.
Look at the changes in individuals form, Wyke Scowen, Mclsughlin, Burge to name a few.
We have been hammered with injuries look at the defence yesterday...3 midfielders in it.
You can see a real togetherness in that team even from those that didn't play.
I remember an interview with a player (can't remember who) when Parkinson was Manager who signed and said the dressing room was a very quiet place which struck a chord with me. Look at it now totally different and it's reflecting on the pitch.

Difference is though we are now getting results where under Psrkinsin we weren't.
Look at the changes in individuals form, Wyke Scowen, Mclsughlin, Burge to name a few.
We have been hammered with injuries look at the defence yesterday...3 midfielders in it.
You can see a real togetherness in that team even from those that didn't play.
I remember an interview with a player (can't remember who) when Parkinson was Manager who signed and said the dressing room was a very quiet place which struck a chord with me. Look at it now totally different and it's reflecting on the pitch.
There was a spell under Parkinson where we were getting results that was the point I was making. We went on a great run where we put 4 past Wycombe, 3 past Lincoln etc. People were coming on here saying similar, he’s proved us wrong, highest win % in our history etc.

I’ve acknowledged the effect he’s had on individuals, there’s no doubting that. Wyke is like a different player. I think that it’s still resulting in performances that are poor more often than not. He obviously needs another couple of windows and preseasons with us before we can judge like, I’m not saying I don’t like him or want him out or anything. Just saying I think it’s also too early to say he’s proved anyone wrong.

There was a spell under Parkinson where we were getting results that was the point I was making. We went on a great run where we put 4 past Wycombe, 3 past Lincoln etc. People were coming on here saying similar, he’s proved us wrong, highest win % in our history etc.

I’ve acknowledged the effect he’s had on individuals, there’s no doubting that. Wyke is like a different player. I think that it’s still resulting in performances that are poor more often than not. He obviously needs another couple of windows and preseasons with us before we can judge like, I’m not saying I don’t like him or want him out or anything. Just saying I think it’s also too early to say he’s proved anyone wrong.
I disagree mate, we had 1 run of games under Parkinson where we won 4 or something. Now we winning and the odd draw with very few losses.
Yes some performances could be better but the end result is all that matters. Look at Tuesday played really well, yesterday not so well but 2 wins out of 2

I disagree mate, we had 1 run of games under Parkinson where we won 4 or something. Now we winning and the odd draw with very few losses.
Yes some performances could be better but the end result is all that matters. Look at Tuesday played really well, yesterday not so well but 2 wins out of 2
We went on a run where we lost 1 in 15 iirc, winning most of them!

Performances were poor but results weren't especially. 23 points from 13 games this season and only 5 or 6 league defeats in 30. Performances were getting worse and we are better off now but its wrong to say results were terrible.

Back